water pump?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water pump?

why didnt they smack the guy that decided that there would be no space removing an oversized waterpump!!!!!
    I was sooooo disgusted today
    Oh by the way Autozone gave me a harmonic balancer puller that dont work any suggestions?
    I want to remove opti for inspection
    Attached Files
    Brian Diehl,USAF

1995 Z-28 Polo Green with chrome ZO6 rims K&N and Flowmaster

If you remove the fan assembly, it will be a whole lot easier. Just remove the connectors to the 2 fans, push up on the assebly to un-hook it, and out they come. I was able to remove the assembly without taking off any water hoses, but was kinda difficult, but do-able the less. You might really want to consider changing all three seals on the timing cover while youre there. I did so, but I think I regret doing it, damn things been leaking oil ever since! Im on my second crank seal and even used a seal saver, but I fear that the oil may not be coming from the crank seal.... Good Luck
    1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

you do not have a normal damoner. you need a 3 claw type. you just are pulling off the pulley and not the part it mounts to
      1994 Trans Am GT
      http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/208684/1
      Ram Air hood and airbox
      headers
      exhaust
      lowered 2"
      underdrive pully
      sloted rotors
      electric water pump
      air foil
      denso plugs
      taylor wires
      tinted windows
      eagle rims
      2000 watt stereo

Comment

I have no technical help for you but wanted to say Hi. Hadn't heard from you in a while. Thought you were selling your ride.

96 TA Sold!
        87 TA Sold!
        80 Z28 Sold!
        74 Formula Sold!
        73 Z28 Sold!
        69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

Originally posted by rufrider76
          you do not have a normal damoner. you need a 3 claw type. you just are pulling off the pulley and not the part it mounts to

I just took off the three bolt and tapped on the balancer with a hammer and it cam right off. Leave the 3 -prong "thing" on the carnk. If you rotate it into the right spot, you can fit the opit on and off with it in place.
          96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
          11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

there was no tapping mine off. i had a good deal of trouble with the three claw puller but got a great tip from some one about putting a socket on the center bolt to keep the pully from walking off the bolt head. the puller you got from autozone will remove the rest of the pully so you can replace the seal if you want. that is what i am doing this weekend.
            1994 Trans Am GT
            http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/208684/1
            Ram Air hood and airbox
            headers
            exhaust
            lowered 2"
            underdrive pully
            sloted rotors
            electric water pump
            air foil
            denso plugs
            taylor wires