Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disabling VATS

Hey ya'll, i have some questions:

is there free software that i can download that will allow me to disable VATS?
    it must be OBD II compliant, and i already have a cable. Is tunerpro for OBD II or just OBD I?
    -Ryan-

1997 Pontiac Firerbird Formula LT1/T56
    2006 Pontiac G6 GTP, 3.9L V6, 6-spd

PS this post is actually "On-topic"... Mods please move it over to the tech board
    -Ryan-

Comment

I don't know of anything free that will allow you to make PCM changes.
      Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

I pulled a MacGyver move and wired in t series of resistors to bypass it. I'll make a permanent soldered and sealed circuit when i have time to

I spent some time researching and i couldn't find any free OBD2 software that allows ECM changes like you said. I wish TunerPro was OBD2 compliant!
        -Ryan-

Comment

JET sells the OBD-II version of TunerCats, but its not "free".
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by RAF7789
            I pulled a MacGyver move and wired in t series of resistors to bypass it. I'll make a permanent soldered and sealed circuit when i have time to

I spent some time researching and i couldn't find any free OBD2 software that allows ECM changes like you said. I wish TunerPro was OBD2 compliant!
            You did not bypass VATS, only it's need for seeing the resistantce of the key pellet. Info for doing that is on my website.
            Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

I have the ob1 mask for tuner cat, I would say that its a great tool for the money as long as you have a good data link cable/converter
              -Alex
              1995 LT1 ECU (GREAT for flashing!)
              ZO6 wheels (clones)
              LED exterior and interior lighting
              With questionable guts:
              Forged bottom end
              free flowing 3 1/2" exhaust w/
              pacesetter longtubes
              T56 with a 6 puck ceramic copper heavy duty clutch
              Built T56, 3.5" 4130 driveshaft w/spicer HD's
              K&N RAM air from 96 ws6
              96? ws6 hood