K&N FIPK Helpfull Tidbit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K&N FIPK Helpfull Tidbit

Any of the members who have this setup will appreciate this info as well all know when installing the filter it is a HUGE pain. While I was changing the oil I decided to clean the filter since it was filthy. While the car was jacked up to change the oil it occured to me to take off the driver side wheel and partially remove the inner plastic fender. There are 2 bolts on the bottom, 2 smaller ones on the inside of the fender and one plastic plug. This new way you could have the filter out in 10 minutes. The filter was right in your face! Why didn't K&N do this?

Sounds like typical GM engineering/planning. "To change spark plugs, remove engine mount bolts, and jack up engine...."

To change the heater blower motor on my S10, I had to take off the front wheel and inner fender to have access to the firewall. A simple ten-minute job becomes half a day- the shop rate was something like $400 to change the motor- nice!

Don't the guys who design these things work on their own cars any more?
    2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
    "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

How can you blame "GM engineering/planning" for difficulty in installing aftermarket parts, like a CAI that is located in the underbody fairings that were never intended to funtion in that manner. Makes no sense at all.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

On my Moroso, I have a square hole right below it with a small scoop for a better cold-air affect. With this, I can reach right up to the filter and unscrew the clamp and pull it straight down. It takes me about 2-3 minutes.
        94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Working...
        X