Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

96 Formula, how many of mine were produced?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 Formula, how many of mine were produced?

I am trying to figure out some info on my 96 Firebird Formula, basically I am wondering how many were produced with the 4L60E and NO "T" tops. Can anyone here direct me in the right direction to start my search? I always wondered just how rare or not the hardtop, automatics were/are.

http://www.compnine.com/vid.php

This will give you everything you need to know and more!

Comment

Thanks thats a SICK link! so it gave me everything but rarety. So I have stumbled across something like this years ago, anyone know where I can find again?

i.e.

Firbird v6 made xxx,xxx
      Firebird v6 T tops xxx,xxx
      Firebird Trans Am xxx,xxx
      Firebird T/A T tops xx,xxx
      Firebird Formula x,xxx
      Firebird Formula T tops x,xxx

Comment

You may want to recheck your VIN farther down the list. I had been told that my WS6 Formula with cloth interior was "one of maybe a dozen" by a person that had worked for SLP back when they made them, and that was considering all colors. This popped up for me:

There are 1 1996 FIREBIRD 2 DR vehicles (0.004%) matching your exact options list. There are 1 (0.004%) with at least as many options.

One of one. Has a nice ring to it. I'm positive others on here have one of one's as well. As far as this thing narrows down, something like valve stem caps could make it unique!
        "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

BTW, I just ran my van, and it came back one of 10, so I've got 9 identical twins out there.
          "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Originally posted by danfordman
            Thanks thats a SICK link! so it gave me everything but rarety. So I have stumbled across something like this years ago, anyone know where I can find again?

i.e.

Firbird v6 made xxx,xxx
            Firebird v6 T tops xxx,xxx
            Firebird Trans Am xxx,xxx
            Firebird T/A T tops xx,xxx
            Firebird Formula x,xxx
            Firebird Formula T tops x,xxx
            Just scroll down and you will see how rare your exact car is as well as specific options.

Comment

Originally posted by MN6WS6
              You may want to recheck your VIN farther down the list. I had been told that my WS6 Formula with cloth interior was "one of maybe a dozen" by a person that had worked for SLP back when they made them, and that was considering all colors. This popped up for me:

There are 1 1996 FIREBIRD 2 DR vehicles (0.004%) matching your exact options list. There are 1 (0.004%) with at least as many options.

One of one. Has a nice ring to it. I'm positive others on here have one of one's as well. As far as this thing narrows down, something like valve stem caps could make it unique!
              I have a June 2000 issue of Pontiac Performance, and on page 22 it list your 96 WS6 as production total 10.

Originally posted by 94TAGT
              Just scroll down and you will see how rare your exact car is as well as specific options.
              I scrolled down and found : rarity info not yet available. Is that where you are refering?

BTW this is my user name for this site, I use danfordman on my Diesel Forums, because my daily driver is an International 444. So in my sig is my 96 Formula
              96 Firebird Formula
              94 Pontaic Firebird

Comment

Awsome site! I'll be on this one all day.
                Matt

1998 Firebird 5-speed
                2005 Pontiac Sunfire 4-door 5-speed

Comment

Originally posted by DanFormulaMan
                  I have a June 2000 issue of Pontiac Performance, and on page 22 it list your 96 WS6 as production total 10.

I scrolled down and found : rarity info not yet available. Is that where you are refering?

BTW this is my user name for this site, I use danfordman on my Diesel Forums, because my daily driver is an International 444. So in my sig is my 96 Formula
                  What is your VIN?

Comment

"There are 7 1997 CAMARO 2 DR vehicles (0.014%) matching your exact options list."

My DD
                    2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

Same here...I didn't think mine was too rare, but maybe so many different f-bodies had small option changes.

Rarity...
                      There are 1 1994 FIREBIRD 2 DR vehicles (0.002%) matching your exact options list. There are 2 (0.004%) with at least as many options.
                      94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

What is your VIN?
                        2G2FV22P9T2200755
                        96 Firebird Formula
                        94 Pontaic Firebird

Comment

Well, I can say I have 1 of 1 Z28s with one other out there having more options than mine. Buuuuut...

When I select only the M29 (Z28, LT1, GU5 and G80 required for this option; species a Z28 with 3.23 gears), 41U (black exterior), 14I (dark grey cloth interior) and AC3 (power driver's seat), I have 1 of 303 out of 39729. That'll work.

Not enough data for the GN and they don't cover the Jeep.
                          Steve
                          79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                          87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                          93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                          http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Originally posted by DanFormulaMan
                            2G2FV22P9T2200755
                            Are you sure that is your VIN. I have not seen this site fail yet. This was at the bottom:
                            "Sorry, rarity information is not yet available for your car. Please check back soon.
                            Getting RPO codes
                            We're digging very deep and this may take MINUTES, not moments. Please be patient.
                            RPO codes offered, checking ALL."

It didnt even show your RPO codes. Double check the actual VIN on the dash and the door.

Comment

Are you sure that is your VIN. I have not seen this site fail yet. This was at the bottom:
                              "Sorry, rarity information is not yet available for your car. Please check back soon.
                              Getting RPO codes
                              We're digging very deep and this may take MINUTES, not moments. Please be patient.
                              RPO codes offered, checking ALL."

It didnt even show your RPO codes. Double check the actual VIN on the dash and the door.
                              Yeah, checked and double checked, even triple checked. All I know is that when I bought this car I had a hell of a time finding it because of the NO "T" tops. I'd like to think its rare, but I would like to know just how rare. I got the same thing, Also all the data came up on the VIN portion correctly. rarity info is what I can't find. Strange huh?
                              96 Firebird Formula
                              94 Pontaic Firebird

Comment

Working...
                              X