scan software

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scan software

I am trying to find software to scan the cars, one for obd2 99ls1 camaro and for the 95 formula obd1 . I have a vag com obd2 usb cable , I think its pretty much standars obd2 cable and I can use it to scan any obd2 car, maybe the 95 formula too.
    am going to use a vista laptop
    any ideeas?
    93 t/a A4 3.23s
    95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
    99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
    99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
    97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
    93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
    00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

AutoTap for OBD-II. It comes with a cable.

http://www.autotap.com/

TTS DataMaster or FreeScan for OBD-I

http://www.ttspowersystems.com/

http://andywhittaker.com/ECU/FreeSca...0/Default.aspx

Don't know about using the OBD-II cable to scan the 95. Although the 95 has a 16-pin connector, I think the pin-out may require a 12-pin cable with an adaptor plug, or jumper wires as suggested by Shoebox.

http://shbox.com/1/xraycable.jpg
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Thanks Fred,

I have been doing a little research and seems like for the 95 its not that easy , although apparently they are easier to tune than obd2 pcms. I am trying to find out how to use an usb obd2 cable if possible, as my laptop doesnt have a serial port , rs232 . I am trying to find some free software to start with and if I get that much into it I ll get a proper scan software, just need the basics for now.

I have a cable for my audi that I have been able to use on the alfa too. The software that came with it is very neat, vag-com, can see pretty much the real time values of any sensor, check for trouble codes, reset etc. Since its obd2 I thought I may be able to use the cable on the 99 camaro if I can find the software.

Also something that can access the abs ecu would be nice too for both the ls1 and the 95.
      93 t/a A4 3.23s
      95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
      93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc

Comment

Not sure if we are anywhere near on the same wavelength.... other than the 16-pin ALDL connector the 95 is identical to the 94 and they are both easy to tune using OBD-I software. Not sure what you are even hinting at with your comments about 95 being "not that easy".

You asked about scan software, and I answered your question, but now it appears you want to start with free tuning software, and add scan software later.

I'm totally confused, and I'll just back off and let someone who can understand what you are asking about help you.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

from what I understand 95s are obd1 and have an obd2 connector. so I d either have to get a 95 f body specific cable or a regular obd1 cable and connect pins to the cars as per Shoebox s diagram.

I believe you realize I m in europe and it may take a while for things I get from the US to get here. Also europe is a place whre american cars are not very common , f body cars not mainstream coupes like they were in america, thus very few places repair them and stuff. and if they attempt to work on them doesn necessarily mean they know what they are doing. Some places are very expensive and I believe they are ripping off the enthusiasts taking their cars there, as these cars are prrety simple and easy to work on. If you want a car thats not easy to work on try an alfa romeo lol. For example if you need a temperature sensor for the lt1 you go to autozone and its like $15, takes you half an hour probably to get it. If I want one in UK its probably £35, thats about $55, and I probably get it in two weeks if they dont have it in stock . If they have it stock they d ship it and might get it next day or in a couple of days.
          I was just trying to find out if anyone has had any experience using generic usb obd1 and 2 adaptors for these cars. 95 lt1 and 99ls1. I did look it up before asking and know about tts , autotap and the cables available from akm . This is not a priority for me so I was just trying to see if I can make use of the cables I already have and been using on the other cars. If it works and I get the hang of it and like it I ll probably get the cables and software you suggested, just want to try it first.
          I read about efi live for the ls1 , I ll probably get that.
          I got vag com for th audi and like it , can check everything on that car, pretty neat , would be nice to do the same with the ls1 .

So, I m looking for some free or trial software that I can use with my obd2 cable to scan the 99 ls1, and maybe info on scanning the 95lt1.

Probably my best bet would be to get cables from akm or autotap for the 95 and efi live for the ls1, but I have other priorities and dont need to be spending more money on these cars, as theres nothing wrong with them and this is just something I thought would be neat and nice to play with , not a necessity .
          93 t/a A4 3.23s

Comment

Tunercat, a moates aldl for the half breed obd1 does the job very well

EDIT: for the 95
            -Alex
            1995 LT1 ECU (GREAT for flashing!)
            ZO6 wheels (clones)
            LED exterior and interior lighting
            With questionable guts:
            Forged bottom end
            free flowing 3 1/2" exhaust w/
            pacesetter longtubes
            T56 with a 6 puck ceramic copper heavy duty clutch
            Built T56, 3.5" 4130 driveshaft w/spicer HD's
            K&N RAM air from 96 ws6