Wont start

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wont start

To make a long story short I replaced my waterpump last year and right of the bat it was leakinging (the gaskets were not lined up properly) after the fact it would start but ran like crap. Well last weekend I got new gaskets and reinstalled it I took the fans out this time to make more room, now it will turn over but wont start. The car is at my brothers house so I havn't had time to do any troubleshooting yet any ideas?

1994 Firebird Formula 138,000 Completly Stock

1995 Caprice 9c1 61,000
    2001 Intrigue GL

First thing I do is open up the throttle body and squirt some starting fluid into the intake and turn the key. If it fires but then dies, it's a fuel issue. Just diconnect the rubber intake bellows right at the TB, open the throttle by hand and give it a two second spray. Immediatly slide the bellow back into place and turn the key.

If it doesn't fire, here is an ignition diagnostic proceedure:

http://www.f-body.com/forum/showpost...48&postcount=7

Curious, what did you disconnect when doing the water pump?

Comment

I disconnected the intake (maf, iac ext.), the cooling fans, ignition module and some of the smog stuff. Thanks for the suggestions I'm gonna try the starting fluid this weekend we'll see.....

1995 Caprice 9c1 61,000
      2001 Intrigue GL

Comment

How much coolant spilled on the distributor?
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

None this time around.

1995 Caprice 9c1 61,000
          2001 Intrigue GL

Comment

Scan it for codes? Check for corrosion in the Opti plug wire terminals and the Opti harness connector (both ends)?
            Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
            X