Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spohn has a huge sale going on

http://www.spohn.net/

I think I'm going to drop $600 or so into sway bars, LCA's/ relocation brackets and subframe connectors. My car is long overdo for some upgrades.
    Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
    SOLD- Kinda miss it
    94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
    SOLD- Good riddance!
    2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

The multipoint sfc's are very nice, you can really feel the tightness and rigidity brought back to the body.
    -Alex
    1995 LT1 ECU (GREAT for flashing!)
    ZO6 wheels (clones)
    LED exterior and interior lighting
    With questionable guts:
    Forged bottom end
    free flowing 3 1/2" exhaust w/
    pacesetter longtubes
    T56 with a 6 puck ceramic copper heavy duty clutch
    Built T56, 3.5" 4130 driveshaft w/spicer HD's
    K&N RAM air from 96 ws6
    96? ws6 hood
    96? ws6 spoiler
    full emissions delete
    polished heads with oversize valve job
    Edelbrock IAS shocks
    Full tubular Chassis minus k member
    Daily Driver and love it that way
    Motor is not what you'd think.

Comment

So, whaddya get?

More importantly, what did you get me? lol
      Steve
      79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
      87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
      93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
      http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Originally posted by Z Ya Later
        So, whaddya get?

More importantly, what did you get me? lol
        You can have the bill if you want :P

I got subframe connectors, LCA's, relocation brackets and subframe connectors. Didn't get to install them yet. My tranny started acting very strange. Sometimes, it feels like my clutch is really slipping badly under acceleration, but the clutch has less than 6,000 miles on it and releases at the usual point. Sometimes, it feels like I have to rip it out of first gear. It sounds like it would if you forced it out of gear without using the clutch. My suspension is off too. My steering feels a little loose and wobbly. I really think I'm going to try and sell this P.O.S. I just got the damn thing running again and it's already giving me problems. My plan is to sell it, get an economy car and see where I am financially in about a year. Forgot to mention, just found out my A/C compressor is blown. This car is awesome.
        Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
        SOLD- Kinda miss it
        SOLD- Good riddance!
        2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

That's too bad to hear that the car's giving you problems after spending that money...

Forcing the trans out of gear wont hurt it unless you smash the shift slider into the next gear face before the syncro can get the next gear to speed with the mainshaft...

I actually have a good first gear with a good syncho if you need parts, also have the shift selector too...
          -Alex
          ZO6 wheels (clones)
          With questionable guts:
          Forged bottom end
          pacesetter longtubes
          K&N RAM air from 96 ws6
          96? ws6 hood
          96? ws6 spoiler
          full emissions delete
          polished heads with oversize valve job
          Edelbrock IAS shocks
          Full tubular Chassis minus k member
          Daily Driver and love it that way
          Motor is not what you'd think.

Comment

One problem is solved. The car doesn't drive as well in hot and humid weather, but that's to be expected. It seems a bit too dramatic for that to be the only thing wrong, but I suppose it's possible. It still doesn't grab and go right off the line, like it should. Since that's out of the way, I can move on to issue number two.

How difficult would it be to install sway bars? I don't want to mess with the LCA's and I'm not touching the SFC's (even though they seem to have bolt holes, despite Spohn saying they're weld- in). I might consider keeping the SFC's if they're easy to install and I like the difference, but I'm thinking of just selling everything. Now that the car isn't running so poorly, I'm debating whether or not to keep it. The nose and rear bumper are faded and would need to be painted, the car has 120,000 miles on it and the A/C compressor is blown. What could I really get for it, even with the rebuilt motor? Probably not enough to justify selling it. If I'm lucky, I'd make enough to break even with what I put into it...plus, I dread the though of having to drive another economy car with no torque. The year and a half I spent in my Del Sol were beyond torturous. It simply didn't fit my driving style.
            SOLD- Kinda miss it
            SOLD- Good riddance!

Comment

Sway bars are super easy, hardest part is breaking the old rusty end links off (they will need to be replaced).
              -Alex
              ZO6 wheels (clones)
              With questionable guts:
              Forged bottom end
              pacesetter longtubes
              K&N RAM air from 96 ws6
              96? ws6 hood