Which DS safety loop works with Spohn TA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which DS safety loop works with Spohn TA

I'm back from the Gulf oil spill for a couple of weeks, and can think of no better way to relax than work on the car again...yeah, I'm crazy.

I Finished the brake upgrade and decided to install a Spohn transmission mounted, adjustable TA. The part looks great, and the upgrade provides real, seat of the pants improvement. I didn't think I would notice, but I'm glad I did it! Feels much more solid in the twisties and on hard launches.

Anyway, I had been using a Spohn DS safety loop. However, now that I'm using the new TA, the old loop will not work.. The TA hangs down lower than the OEM arm.

I asked Steve if any of his safety loops will work, and apparently they won't. Is anybody using a DS loop with this set up? Because I'm running the 1LE shaft, I'd like a bit of insurance that if it breaks, I won't be "probed" .
    Al 96 Ram Air T/A
    Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Fabricate your own!
    I don't think there are any kits for relocated Tq arms, if there are, you might have a fitment issue or some metal on metal rubbing hitting bumps.
    A buddy of mine had that issue on his 90's Fox body, different body, similar suspension concepts.

I'm surprised that no one responded to you yet, forum seems a little quite on input lately :\

Hope it helps,
    -Alex
    1995 LT1 ECU (GREAT for flashing!)
    ZO6 wheels (clones)
    LED exterior and interior lighting
    With questionable guts:
    Forged bottom end
    free flowing 3 1/2" exhaust w/
    pacesetter longtubes
    T56 with a 6 puck ceramic copper heavy duty clutch
    Built T56, 3.5" 4130 driveshaft w/spicer HD's
    K&N RAM air from 96 ws6
    96? ws6 hood
    96? ws6 spoiler
    full emissions delete
    polished heads with oversize valve job
    Edelbrock IAS shocks
    Full tubular Chassis minus k member
    Daily Driver and love it that way
    Motor is not what you'd think.

Comment

UMI and BMR both sell one that may work. The loop comes up straight from frame brace on both of them. Hope this helps.

Alex, note that the Spohn trans-mounted torque-arm is not a relocated torque arm. The crossmember-mounted torque arms are relocated arms.
      Steve
      79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
      87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
      93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
      http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Ahh, my mistake, I misread the OP, as you said, I was talking about a relocated set-up.
        -Alex
        1995 LT1 ECU (GREAT for flashing!)
        ZO6 wheels (clones)
        LED exterior and interior lighting
        With questionable guts:
        Forged bottom end
        free flowing 3 1/2" exhaust w/
        pacesetter longtubes
        T56 with a 6 puck ceramic copper heavy duty clutch
        Built T56, 3.5" 4130 driveshaft w/spicer HD's
        K&N RAM air from 96 ws6
        96? ws6 hood