Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with lifting my car!

Hi Everybody!
    I have got a 1997 formula and I need to change back and front brakes, but I don't know what spots to place a jack to lift the car long enough to change brakes on each wheel.

Do any of you guys have pictures that could show me the right spots? Or could you guide me to the right positions. I could let a local garage do it but I'm afraid that they would mess my car up trying to lift it in the wrong areas.

Thanks guys in advance for all your help! Lee!
    Lee Stroud in West Virginia

Hoist points

I have the shop manual that shows the hoist points, but I don't know how to add images. The rear axle and front, lower control arms are simple enough. The other points are the frame contact points for the supplied jack. These are the only points that are listed.

Comment

Hi Phil!

You could email the pictures to me if you would like. My email address is lees@southern.wvnet.edu.

Thanks for your help! Lee!
      Lee Stroud in West Virginia

Comment

There are black plastic pads on the front subframes, right behind the front fender/door seam. They are actually marked "do not lift" or something like that, but that caution applies to the sheet metal, not the pads themselves.

In the back, any of the box section subframes can be used as a lift or support point.

Look at where the lift contact points are in these photos:

http://www.injuneer.com/images/photo.../DCP03545a.jpg

http://www.injuneer.com/images/photo.../DCP03551a.jpg
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Thanks. I have always assumed that the plastic was off limits. It will certainly make life easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil
            Thanks. I have always assumed that the plastic was off limits. It will certainly make life easier.
            Me too. I learned something today.
            Thanks Injuneer!
            My DD
            2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

Working...
            X