Camaro got hit :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camaro got hit :(

I was in line at the grade school to drop my kids off. Inching forward every few seconds as cars in the drop off zone unloaded their kids. I wasn't even moving, and the car shook. A hurried driver decided not to wait in the line of cars and cut around to the left. She didn't leave enough room and because of the way the line winds around she brushed the front drivers corner of my Z28.

There was a witness, and the driver admitted fault. The body shop puts the estimate at $1350. The front where the nose meets the fender is pushed in and the paint is chipped in some places and rubbed completely through in other places.

I have to laugh. I just got the Vette back from $5000 worth of work and now the same body shop has my Camaro for repairs.

I'll post pictures later this evening.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Boo!! Sorry to hear that man. There's days I pull into work and wonder how some of the parents haven't hit me yet.
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Bummer. Another soccer mom does a dirty deed.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
        Bummer. Another soccer mom does a dirty deed.

No soccer mom.... She is 73 years old!
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
          No soccer mom.... She is 73 years old!
          Ok, a soccer mom's mom's mom, then. Sorry about the incident.

My wife just got clipped the other day by someone behind her pulling out against traffic to get to a left turn lane.
          Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Sorry about than, Man, it sucks. It could have been worse so though.
            Lee Stroud in West Virginia

Comment

pics:

This pic shows the damage the best:

This is from a distance:

ANd just for fun, an engine shot taken at the same time:

Tracy
              2002 C5 M6 Convertible
              1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
              Current Mods:

Comment

That's one of the cleanest engine bay's Ive seen on an LT1. That isn't too bad, just enough to be annoying. I hope they can match your color up just right.
                97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

They'll be doing some blending to get the color right. Thanks for the compliment on the engine compartment.
                  Tracy
                  2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                  1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                  Current Mods:

Comment

What will that body man get you for Xmax. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer
                      What will that body man get you for Xmax. LOL
                      Perhaps the body man is the 73 year old lady's son.
                      Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rob B (shoebox)
                        Perhaps the body man is the 73 year old lady's son.
                        Wouldn't that be a kick in the head?? lol
                        Steve
                        79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                        87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                        93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                        http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Sorry to see that. She's (or her insurance) paying the bill right?
                          Matt

1998 Firebird 5-speed
                          2005 Pontiac Sunfire 4-door 5-speed

Comment

Originally posted by 98 'Bird

Sorry to see that. She's (or her insurance) paying the bill right?

Correct. The estimate was faxed to her insurance company Monday. I just got off the phone with them, apparently they are still trying to figure out if she is going to pay out of pocket or open a claim. I wish they'd hurry up and figure it out so the shop can begin repairs.
                            Tracy
                            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                            Current Mods:

Comment

Ok, that was a scare. The lady's insurance company entered the date of the accident as 09/30/2000 and were saying that she didn't have coverage at the time of the accident. After correcting the date to this year, 2010, that got fixed and I now have a claim number and have been in contact with a claims adjuster who is going to call the body shop and setup a time to go see the car.

Things are moving forward! Hopefully the shop will be able to start working on the car soon.
                              Tracy
                              2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                              1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                              Current Mods:

Comment

Working...
                              X