heat and miss problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 93grnbird
    .......... would you know if there is more than 2 realys for the fan because i think something is wrong there too as far as i know 1 should kick on at about 200 or so and it doesnt it would wait till 240 which i know is a unsafe temp and then they would both kick on if you have any ideas i would appreciate it my uncle would help me with everything car wise and im on my own now he past away a few years ago also that is 1 sick bird you have
    The stock programming turns the first fan on at 226*F. The second fan comes on at 235*F. This is only for the 93 and early 94 LT1's. From late 94 to 97 at 226*F both fans come on at low speed and at 235*F both fans go to high speed. This is done using a 3 relay system.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Great info guys thanks, pictures say it all
      -Alex
      1995 LT1 ECU (GREAT for flashing!)
      ZO6 wheels (clones)
      LED exterior and interior lighting
      With questionable guts:
      Forged bottom end
      free flowing 3 1/2" exhaust w/
      pacesetter longtubes
      T56 with a 6 puck ceramic copper heavy duty clutch
      Built T56, 3.5" 4130 driveshaft w/spicer HD's
      K&N RAM air from 96 ws6
      96? ws6 hood
      96? ws6 spoiler
      full emissions delete
      polished heads with oversize valve job
      Edelbrock IAS shocks
      Full tubular Chassis minus k member
      Daily Driver and love it that way
      Motor is not what you'd think.

Comment

ok i did get the gen 1 thermostat so i will have to invest in a gen 2 and i guess it wont make a difference on which opti i get so like a msd would do the same as a any other and the rebuild kits are much cheaper is a kit hard to do yourself

Comment

Working...
        X