Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally got my fueling right in closed loop...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got my fueling right in closed loop...

After a long battle with the stock PCM, it seems that I was finally able to say goodbye to my blm splits and lean spikes, I converted my lt1 type MAF to a screened late model LS type. I then adapted my harness to accept the 5 pin (3 for maf+2 for IAC/MAT). I found my air temperature reading were more responsive and less suceptable to running heatsoak. But still after countless mechanical and flash adjustments I was unable to achieve a long term split that was less than 12 counts. I recently found another thread on ls1 forums (I think) mentioning the lean spikes caused by the iac, at least what the guy was talking about made sense and his log graph scientifically backed him up. Anyways, after some rescalling and flattening of the iac table, I was able to achieve excellent closed loop results, plus or minus 2 counts, usually switching banks.

Wanted to share this information with anyone else having blm troubles, also keep in mind that all of my table adjustments (fuel/timing/dfco) weretaken into consideration. A wideband lambda test still needs to be done to give more relevant info, but it seems as though I'm able to hit within about 2-5% of my desired afrs. Any other info anyone has please post!

Also, I have the 09 version of the $EE mask, is there any valuable updates from this years updates if anyone has it?

Opinions, please!
    -Alex
    1995 LT1 ECU (GREAT for flashing!)
    ZO6 wheels (clones)
    LED exterior and interior lighting
    With questionable guts:
    Forged bottom end
    free flowing 3 1/2" exhaust w/
    pacesetter longtubes
    T56 with a 6 puck ceramic copper heavy duty clutch
    Built T56, 3.5" 4130 driveshaft w/spicer HD's
    K&N RAM air from 96 ws6