Drag Slicks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drag Slicks

What do you guys think is the perfect size drag slicks for our cars? 15, 16, 17? How wide for the wheels and tires? I am gong to put it on a spare set so they will see no road use.

My suspension is essentially stock.

A couple of my buddies are running Mustangs and I'm tired of listening to them brag.

96 TA Sold!
    87 TA Sold!
    80 Z28 Sold!
    74 Formula Sold!
    73 Z28 Sold!
    69 Camaro Not Sold!

I dont know why theyre bragging
    stock mustangs are garbage for the amount of money they cost hahahahah
    Brian Diehl,USAF

1995 Z-28 Polo Green with chrome ZO6 rims K&N and Flowmaster

Comment

Yeah, that's why I am wanting to get some slicks so I can end the superflous bs.

I don't mean to hijack my own thread, but, this looks like a pretty good deal for someone who wants ZR1 wheels and slicks.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=694729

96 TA Sold!
      87 TA Sold!
      80 Z28 Sold!
      74 Formula Sold!
      73 Z28 Sold!
      69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

If you mean "drag radials" rather than "slicks", the 315/35-17 BFG's are pretty sticky. They have served me well on the street, able to hold up to a 500HP, high stall convertor, and 3.73 gears. Can't really spray on the street with them, but NA they provide decent hookup. With a seperate set of wheels for the track, go for the 275/50-15.

315/35-17 BFG DR's on 17x11 ZR1 wheels:

For track ONLY use, the 16" versions of the M/T ET Streets or Hoosier QTP's will provide excellent traction. You might see a marginal improvement by using 15's instead of 16's, but unless you are making pretty decent HP, the 16's will be fine.

Once you start pushing of 500HP, the 28x11.5-15 QTP's or ET Streets will be required.

28x10.5-15W ET Drags on 15x10 Weld Pro-Stars:

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Thanx Fred! I knew there was at least 1 straight line guy here. I have always been an M/T and BFG guy but I have heard good things about Hoosiers from my circle track friends. Who makes the best tires for the strip?

96 TA Sold!
          87 TA Sold!
          80 Z28 Sold!
          74 Formula Sold!
          73 Z28 Sold!
          69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

I've used ET Streets, Hoosier QTP's and ET Drags. They all seem to do what they are supposed to. People I know who race a lot use the same tires.

M/T is reportedly coming out with their own version of a "Drag Radial" in 4th Gen sizes, and they are supposed to be very sticky.

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
            X