hurst lightning rods in an f-body?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hurst lightning rods in an f-body?

in addition to my 95 formula, i have an 87 olds 442 that i put hurst lightning rods into... unfortunatley it was wrecked this weekend and before i send it to the great beyond, i was looking to pick people's brains on if i could put them in my firebird lol gm all the same team right?
    95 Formula - bbk shorties, cat bp, cherrybomb glasspack, tb bypass, homemade ram-air scoop

RIP 87 Olds 442 - hurst lighning rods, borla cat back

First of all......Do you have the aftermarket Hurst 3 speed lighting rods or the OEM Hurst 4 speed rods from the hurst olds?

Comment

i have the oem 4 speed rods out of a previously wrecked 84 h/o... i know they'll work, i'm just curious about the fabrication and install issues...
      95 Formula - bbk shorties, cat bp, cherrybomb glasspack, tb bypass, homemade ram-air scoop

RIP 87 Olds 442 - hurst lighning rods, borla cat back

Comment

Originally posted by reegez7688
        i was looking to pick people's brains on if i could put them in my firebird lol ?
        Originally posted by reegez7688
        i know they'll work, i'm just curious about the fabrication and install issues...
        Lol.....

Yes, the shifter will bolt in with probably some modifications to the console. Your challenge will be the shifter cable and hooking it to the trans. It's a common swap in other G body cars like the GN or Monte Carlo, a different shift cable had to be used with those swaps as well. Check the end of the cable and see if you can attach it to the trans activator arm. If it works, then you're good to go.

Comment

Working...
        X