'01 Yukon Idling Issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '01 Yukon Idling Issue

My 6.0 Yukon recently started having an idling issue when I come to a stop. The idle will fluctuate a little and sometimes the engine will stall when I come to a stop. There are no other issues when driving the car nor any codes to pull. Does this engine have an Idle Air Valve like the LT1? What are the top things to look at?
    '77 K5 rock-crawler project
    '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
    '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
    '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
    '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
    My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Does everything sound ok minus the stalling/ rough idle? Could be feedback system related, maybe mass air sensor, not 100% if it has a separate iac valve, if it does, first culprit to check. If you pop the throttle a little at a stop does it help? How about shifting to neutral?
    -Alex
    1995 LT1 ECU (GREAT for flashing!)
    ZO6 wheels (clones)
    LED exterior and interior lighting
    With questionable guts:
    Forged bottom end
    free flowing 3 1/2" exhaust w/
    pacesetter longtubes
    T56 with a 6 puck ceramic copper heavy duty clutch
    Built T56, 3.5" 4130 driveshaft w/spicer HD's
    K&N RAM air from 96 ws6
    96? ws6 hood
    96? ws6 spoiler
    full emissions delete
    polished heads with oversize valve job
    Edelbrock IAS shocks
    Full tubular Chassis minus k member
    Daily Driver and love it that way
    Motor is not what you'd think.

Comment

I have seen a lot of problems on these engines from 99 - 02 models with the 4.8, 5.3, and 6.0 engines be the fuel pressure regulator.

I would take the vacuum line off the fuel pressure regulator and see if fuel is leaking out of the fuel pressure regulator. The diaphram gets a hole in it and lets fuel be sucked into the intake. This causes the engine to get more fuel than it needs.

This is just a suggestion. I hope it helps you.

Have a good day! Lee!
      Lee Stroud in West Virginia

Comment

Working...
      X