Blown out heads,any recomendations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blown out heads,any recomendations

Hey Guys, My friend just called me right now and said he blew out one of the heads, said he took it to the mechanic and that it had cracked.the guy told him it would cost him over 2,000 dollars. he called me and said if i can check how much they were and also see wich ones would be the best ones.
    What do you guys think?any suggestions?

oh by the way , its a 97 z-28 anniversary edition, with a FIPK kit,
    and ignition system,and exhaust ,thats it as far as mods.
    Miss My Bird

How does he know its a cracked head and not a gasket??

More info is needed in order to help you with a head selection. Chances are if I said the new honda V-tec head is pretty good, it wouldnt help much.
    96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
    11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

he said that they saw a crack on the head,and one of the spark plug had come out
      Miss My Bird

Comment

Used heads from the boneyards are relatively inexpensive. Try places like www.tacreationsusa.com It's about 10 hours of labor to swap heads and gaskets along with all the parts that have to R&R as well. You could also go with the LT4 conversion kit from GM.... that is heads, cam, intake and associated stuff. If I remember, about $2400 in parts.

Comment

Working...
        X