Bosch Spark Plugs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosch Spark Plugs

Has a nasty miss up to 3k. So time to replace plugs eh? 8 years and about 80k on the Bosch +4 plugs. Found 3 on the right side that had cracked the insulator in half right below the tip. The four prongs kept the porcelain from going away. Also found the wires to the back two plugs had burned out in the spark plug boots.

Going to try out the E-3 plugs and see how they do.

Camaro now has 320k miles on it.
    The Old Guy! '94 z-28, m-6, t-tops, go-fast red, 316k. Now with '96 engine w/ Lt-4 hot cam, roller rockers, heavy duty timing chain, and Spec stage 2 clutch.

sounds like it was definately time to change them.

Al
    Extreme Memorabilia custom embroidery

2002 CAMARO SS, 35th LE # 115 ttop, M6, CME, SLP Long Tube Headers, Random High Flow Cats, SLP Strut Tower Brace, SLP Bolt on Sub Frame Connectors.

Comment

was never a fan of bosch products, never have good luck with them
      2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

I'm standing strongly against Bosch plus 4's, they caused a nasty chain of events for me, assuming my plugs were brand new and healthy. I have never had any luck with Bosch parts, always earlier failures and poor performance(accuracy or response for sensors)
        -Alex
        1995 LT1 ECU (GREAT for flashing!)
        ZO6 wheels (clones)
        LED exterior and interior lighting
        With questionable guts:
        Forged bottom end
        free flowing 3 1/2" exhaust w/
        pacesetter longtubes
        T56 with a 6 puck ceramic copper heavy duty clutch
        Built T56, 3.5" 4130 driveshaft w/spicer HD's
        K&N RAM air from 96 ws6
        96? ws6 hood
        96? ws6 spoiler
        full emissions delete
        polished heads with oversize valve job
        Edelbrock IAS shocks
        Full tubular Chassis minus k member
        Daily Driver and love it that way
        Motor is not what you'd think.

Comment

Originally posted by pete
          Has a nasty miss up to 3k. So time to replace plugs eh? 8 years and about 80k on the Bosch +4 plugs. Found 3 on the right side that had cracked the insulator in half right below the tip. The four prongs kept the porcelain from going away. Also found the wires to the back two plugs had burned out in the spark plug boots.

Going to try out the E-3 plugs and see how they do.
          Camaro now has 320k miles on it.
          NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. - Don't use E3 plugs. Just get yourself some good stock type AC Delco plugs or some NGKs or Autolites. Don't go fancy on the ground electrodes. Those multiple electrode plugs just cost more and don't do anything good for the spark. Actually, they come between the spark and the fuel/air mixture. Also, you can't gap them and they are limited in their heat ranges, especially those E3s. Those are just an expensive gimmick.

Comment

I've used NGK for 15 years - exclusively. Have had nothing but problems with the platinum plugs failing. And the multi-electrode plugs - gimmicks. Don't waste your money.
            Al 96 Ram Air T/A
            Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

NGK is a very good plug, i put them in my mothers explorer sport as i didnt want to take the passenger inner wheel plastic out to do them

and as mentioned before, these multiple electrode plugs are gimmicks, the spark is gonna go to the one with the least resistance, they dont go to all of em, and with a good quality plug and proper gap, they will always spark(assuming the rest of the ignition system is up to snuff)
              2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Well I've got the E3 in there now, with new Delco wires. Runs good now, I'll see how they go until the next misfire.
                The Old Guy! '94 z-28, m-6, t-tops, go-fast red, 316k. Now with '96 engine w/ Lt-4 hot cam, roller rockers, heavy duty timing chain, and Spec stage 2 clutch.

Comment

There is nothing to be gained by using expensive, multiple electrode "gimmik" spark plugs. A quality single electrode plug, of the correct heat range, and with the correct gap is all you need. You are wasting your money.
                  Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

NGK TR55's is what i have ran for the last 3 years. Cheap, and work GREAT.

Change then every year. They are under $2 each.
                    Eddie
                    2000 M6 Trans Am
                    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
                      NGK TR55's is what i have ran for the last 3 years. Cheap, and work GREAT.

Change then every year. They are under $2 each.

FUCK YEA!!! I use them in both my LS1 cars!
                      My toys...
                      the Garage Queen - 2002 UltraZ Camaro
                      The DD- 1998 T/A WS6 clone with LS6 top end
                      The Long project - 1985 Z28 383 POWER 10sec 1/4
                      The off road toy - 1988 1500 Sierra 4x4

Comment

Working...
                      X