No start issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No start issue

A co-worker of mine has an 02 Ram Air, it had some rear end issues and has been sitting for a little over 2 years. He recently decided to get her running again but is having issues trying to start it. When he turns the key nothing happens. Nothing at all. The battery is good (has been tested and fully charged) he checked and there is power going to the starter but nothing to the solenoid when the key is turned.

My first thought was a VATS issue but wanted to run it by everyone here. What do you think?
    My DD
    2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Originally posted by sneitzel
    A co-worker of mine has an 02 Ram Air, it had some rear end issues and has been sitting for a little over 2 years. He recently decided to get her running again but is having issues trying to start it. When he turns the key nothing happens. Nothing at all. The battery is good (has been tested and fully charged) he checked and there is power going to the starter but nothing to the solenoid when the key is turned.

My first thought was a VATS issue but wanted to run it by everyone here. What do you think?
    Are you sure the security light is not on?
    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

check that vats system, the light should go off after a few seconds with the Key on, Engine off(KOEO)
      2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Have you checked the starter for loose wires? Did the battery terminals get checked good?
        My toys...
        the Garage Queen - 2002 UltraZ Camaro
        The DD- 1998 T/A WS6 clone with LS6 top end
        The Long project - 1985 Z28 383 POWER 10sec 1/4
        The off road toy - 1988 1500 Sierra 4x4

Comment

Working...
        X