Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89 formula 350 won't hold fuel pressure, hard starting sometimes

Hello fellas,

I hope someone can help me out here. I have a stock 89 Formula 65k miles.. Sometimes it starts hard, cold or hot.
    Needs more throttle to stay running, then after driving acts ok.

I installed a fuel pressure guage, fuel pressure is correct, however, after turning the car off, sometimes the pressure
    stays up overnight, sometimes is goes to zero in an hour, but comes right up when starting the car.

I pulled 18" vaccum on the regulator, and it lost 3.5 " in about 10 minutes. There is no fuel in the regulator vaccum
    line.

The car has not started hard since installing the fuel pressure guage, the starting problem is intermittant. Any ideas?? Thanks!

Jeff

bowtieguy68@yahoo.com

hello, here is just my .02...
    I think the pressure isnt tied to the hard starting as you pointed out with pressure guage showing pressure up upon starting...when you start, you mention needing to step on gas, guessing here is maybe vacuum leak someplace, could be a split hose or something...again just an idea to start with.

Al
    Extreme Memorabilia custom embroidery

2002 CAMARO SS, 35th LE # 115 ttop, M6, CME, SLP Long Tube Headers, Random High Flow Cats, SLP Strut Tower Brace, SLP Bolt on Sub Frame Connectors.

Comment

ive had similar problems, i fixed mine by replacing the vaccum lines, and the whole fuel sending unit, filters and all. granted it is a lengthy process and not always cheap but it sure fixed the problem.

Comment

i would check for vaccum leaks, cars these old, it wouldnt surprise me
        2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Working...
        X