Posi help ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posi help ...

ok i am sorta confuesd on this one......

i take car to get inspected , me and dad go inside place to look under my car cuz i just got it, to see if theres rust n such, guy points out posi says its only on my right rear. i always thout it was the whole rear end. just when i think im finaly geting this stuff i get more confused.
    -Nick-
    95 A4 Z28

Re: Posi help ...

Originally posted by 95z28
    ok i am sorta confuesd on this one......

i take car to get inspected , me and dad go inside place to look under my car cuz i just got it, to see if theres rust n such, guy points out posi says its only on my right rear. i always thout it was the whole rear end. just when i think im finaly geting this stuff i get more confused.
    Look in your glovebox at the code sticker. G80 is posi.

With the car on a lift in neutral rotate a rear tire. The tire opposite it should turn the SAME direction, as if it is attached to the same axle. If the tire opposite feels as if it is not connected and moves independantly, there is a problem with the clutch packs inside your diff.

I'm assuming all Z-28s in 95 had posi. I know both mine did, as does my 94.

Comment

All 4th Gen V8s came from the factory with "posi". It's in the differential carrier, and not specific to either side. Possibly the mechanic was pointing out that the wheels did not rotate as mentioned by tabahr???
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

posi

my 94 is posi it wears out both tires
        have you out run a ford lately

Comment

Working...
        X