Quick mods ... for my z

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick mods ... for my z

You guys have any ideas for some mods that pick up some decent numbers but they arent realy that expensive ? cuz until i have enuf for my turbo or super (undecided yet) i need to re gain fastest car in school status ...... because im losing it to a DSM ( awd talon tsi) and I DONT LIKE IT
    -Nick-
    95 A4 Z28

Cheap mods?

Is free cheap enough?

1) bypass the throttle body coolant
    2) place a 4.7k ohm resistor in place of the IAT sensor
    3) cut the factory airbox wide open on the element side and replace the filter with a K&N
    4) remove the screen from the MAF

If you want to spend some $$, go with a good Cold air induction like the K&N FIPK, then a Catback system like the SLP Loudmouth. Headers can be a dificult installation, but worth it.

An underdrive pulley on the crank will free up a few HP and make your accessories last longer. I recall paying $80 for one 5 years ago.

If you want to beat your buddy and have the skill to DIY, a set of 3.73 gears is fun with the auto, or 4.11 with a stick. I bet just that would even things up and make the blower more fun in the future.

Another point... If you plan on a blower, I'd do the catback exhaust, headers and y-pipe first. The blower pumps in alot of extra air, you'll need a better exhaust to get it all out.

Comment

listen to tabahr,
      my best mods were cold air kit, y-pipe, slp loudmouth and 3.73 gears. he wont have a chance with these bolt on's.
      ed
      1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

Comment

Originally posted by LoudLT1
        listen to tabahr,
        my best mods were cold air kit, y-pipe, slp loudmouth and 3.73 gears. he wont have a chance with these bolt on's.
        ed
        agree,

except for the underdrive pullies.. not worth the hassel for the exspense and very small hp gain.

and if you are infact going with a SC in the future, and you have a M6.. go with 3:73's in lieu of 4:10's..... 4:10's get to squirley with a SCharged motor and you wont hook up.

and dont forget, if you do gears, you will need to reprogram your speedometer.

headers are nice, but the only ones that really add alot on the dual cat cars are long tubes.... the single cat cars benifit more from regular headers.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

its just not fair that a 2.0 liter turbo can be faster

what about a good old 150 shot ??

n mabey 1 of them hypertech programers. n what if i were to say remove the catlytic converter ??
          -Nick-
          95 A4 Z28

Comment

i realy wana do the SC, but then i gota go and replace all the stock valves etc... which i realy dont want to have to do. i watched my dad and uncle do it on the SVT and it didnt look to fun
            -Nick-
            95 A4 Z28

Comment

Originally posted by 95z28
              its just not fair that a 2.0 liter turbo can be faster

what about a good old 150 shot ??

n mabey 1 of them hypertech programers. n what if i were to say remove the catlytic converter ??
              nitros is tricky in these cars. the bottom ends are not beefy as they should be. you dont get the right progressive set up and you will be looking at your engine on the pavement from wence you just came............

im not a nos fan unless you do a rebuild.

and you need to do more than just valves if you Super charge...especially if you go with boost above 6lbs.....

a hypertec programs is chit........you might even lose power on your LT1......dont waste your money.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
              Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
              sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

do you have a problem with the Hypertech programmer on just the LT1s or on all Fbodys (i ask because im looking to get one for my 1996 3.8 camaro)

Comment

Working...
                X