Weird Noise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Noise

I hear this weird noise when i turn the wheel to the right or left...it only happens sometimes and ive had the rearend oil checked, the power steering fluid and the tires arent rubbing...im lost on what else to check..any ideas would be aprreciated.

Are you talking about while the car is rolling or when it is stopped?
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

When it is rolling

Comment

What kind of noise is it???? Grinding??? Rubbing??? Ticking??? Others???
        Richard Harvey Jr.
        '94 T/A LT1 (stock) - SOLD

Comment

Like a grinding/rubbing noise.

Comment

Can you tell if it is coming from the front or the back?

Comment

Hey, I just noticed it in mine also, Mine sounds to be coming from the rear. I only notice it when I am accelerating through a turn.
              Mine is more of a rubbing viberation then an noise though.
              Richard Harvey Jr.
              '94 T/A LT1 (stock) - SOLD

Comment

I noticed a strange yammering sound whenever the car is stopped and idling. It turned out to be my wife jabbering in my ear. Maybe I shoulda gone with the SLP Loudmouths instead. He He.

But seriously, take a look at your rear disks, you may have a hanging caliper.

96 TA Sold!
                87 TA Sold!
                80 Z28 Sold!
                74 Formula Sold!
                73 Z28 Sold!
                69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

it sounds to me like your rear differential may be getting worn out. how many miles do you have on it? does teh gear oil look like metalic paint? when you jack the car up in the rear with the rear wheels off the ground, pull and push in and out on the drivers side or passengers side tire. do they move in and out more than the width of a penny? if so you probably have worn out cones in the rear diff.
                  2000 WS6 T/A M6. Monster stage 3 clutch, flowmaster cat back, 4.10's, SLP lid, Hurst shifter.
                  1996 Mustang GT 5 speed STOCK DD
                  past rides:
                  1996 Mustang GTS bright tangerine orange
                  2003 Mach 1 azure blue drag car (10.90@118 record holder for fastest N/A mach)
                  1969 Mach 1 house of colors candy apple red393 stroker 100 shot (10.829@125 in street trim)
                  2003 Mach 1 Torched red FRPP aluminator/vortech 666RWHP
                  2008 Mustang GT JDM stroker long block, Saleen 2.3 twin screw
                  1980 Mustang L 13.7: 418 stroker
                  1994 Z28 A4 rebuilt from wreck
                  1994 Z28 A4 totaled

Comment

Originally posted by Mirroredshades
                    I noticed a strange yammering sound whenever the car is stopped and idling. It turned out to be my wife jabbering in my ear. Maybe I shoulda gone with the SLP Loudmouths instead.
                    some folks say I have 2 LM's....SLP's and my wife (known as The Warden)
                    DWS
                    Silver M6 '95 Formula-sold to MCKNBRD

Zaino all the way!!

'03 Z06....Donaldson Blackwing, CAGS, '04 Z06 shocks, ceramic pads

Comment

Working...
                    X