Ricer gets what he deserves.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What exactly caused that >>

I don't exactly understand WHY that happend to his GSX? What did he do wrong? I am not a big engine guy, so if someone coudl explain that would be awesome. I mean, I know he launched it hard, but I have launced my STI at like 5k, I know thats horrible for the tranny, but had to try it... Anyways, coudl someone explain what the heck happend, so I don't too do that some day lol!

Thanks,
    jeff
    One SWEET 02 GAGT w/ tons of mods!

Comment

If u guy like that you will love this here on long island. The real car's have there place to race and the inports have there place to race. Well the suff. cops pulled a raid on street racing only the inports are a lil dum about it. The cops went down to the inport race and handed out 60 ticks inpouned 3 car's arested one person

Comment

Re: What exactly caused that >>

Originally posted by Jeff02GAGT
        I don't exactly understand WHY that happend to his GSX? What did he do wrong? I am not a big engine guy, so if someone coudl explain that would be awesome. I mean, I know he launched it hard, but I have launced my STI at like 5k, I know thats horrible for the tranny, but had to try it... Anyways, coudl someone explain what the heck happend, so I don't too do that some day lol!

Thanks,
        jeff
        The most lkely culprit was that was running too high of boost on pump gas... the fuel detonated from the compression, instead of the spark (which is what super high octane prevents) and it shot his piston right out of the bottom of the block...
        Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

bwaaaahhaahaaaa!!! That was great! Stupid kids like that deserve every bit. Talk about capturing the moment.
          1995 Firebird Formula
          (A4 3.23)Ram Air w/ K&N, TransGo Shift Kit w/3 washers ,SLP~Shorty headers, LoudMouth, Air Foil, LineLocks. Catco Cat. Hypertech 160. TB Bypass. MSD~8.5mm. Walbro 255lph. FT MAF ends. LT4KM. BMR~Adj LCA's, Rear sway, Panhard rod. HAL QA1 rear shocks. Random Tech adj TQ arm. Nitto NT555R's. Covered in Zaino. 13.466@103.85 N/A. [1.948 60' 13.410 @ 102.66 11/20/05]

Comment

As the owner of one of those AWD DSM's, I can attest to the fact that they are no slouch off the line. We can give most domestics a run for their money in the 60', 1/8 or 1/4 mile (the shorter the better though). Our engines are built for low end torque and the gearing shows it. We suck it up in high-end (when you guys sail past).

Sucks to be him, but the guy describing how the eclipse probably leaned out is likely right. Oh well. I'm not going to bash him because he owns an "import" obviously - that's lame - but he WAS retarded for turning the boost higher than his car could handle. It's all about tuning, not just throwing in a cheap boost controller and turning it to the max. Sucker.

Ciao~

Comment

Silly Ricer
              NEW: 2004 Nissan 350Z Touring
              1992 Caviler Z24 -Winter car
              1999 Firebird
              Ram air hood
              Full Borla catback exhaust
              K&N air filter
              Headers
              WS6 air box
              Shift kit
              Intake

Comment

Originally posted by jesterbot
                As the owner of one of those AWD DSM's, I can attest to the fact that they are no slouch off the line. We can give most domestics a run for their money in the 60', 1/8 or 1/4 mile (the shorter the better though). Our engines are built for low end torque and the gearing shows it. We suck it up in high-end (when you guys sail past).

Sucks to be him, but the guy describing how the eclipse probably leaned out is likely right. Oh well. I'm not going to bash him because he owns an "import" obviously - that's lame - but he WAS retarded for turning the boost higher than his car could handle. It's all about tuning, not just throwing in a cheap boost controller and turning it to the max. Sucker.

Ciao~
                I agree. Ripping on imports because it is an import is indeed lame. I respect all cars when they can compete

What made this guy a complete tool was his idiotic attitude. "M3's suck." "Your M3 is slow."

Well, jackass, your DSM blew up.
                Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

I agree totally. Calling anyone that drives an import a "ricer" is like calling everyone in an f-body a racist hick. Yeah, each will have it's share of the stereotypes, but not all the way.

Like someone mentioned earlier, "rice" is about "show" over "go". Some people combine the two and have ricey, but capable cars. Others go all rice and give us laughs. Still others are all about go. Personally, I'll stick to my stock exterior and lack of any attention getters, but I love the response of those cars, the handling, and I take my friend's TA any day in the 1/4.

Oh, and when I wrote earlier, I hadnt actually watched the video with sound (I was at work)... omg... I almost find it hard to believe that audio was recorded at the same time. It's like acting class gone bad. The passenger/video guy sounds like an absolute moron and just repeats stuff. The driver seems way too calm about turning his engine bay into scrambled eggs... I also noticed the sound of the GSX launching was missing. You hear the M3 accelerating, but not the GSX. DSM's (and fast f-bodies in my limited experience) SCREAM on takeoff. I didn't hear any of that from the GSX, yet those cabins are anything but quiet - what's up with that?

Comment

Working...
                  X