blower motor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blower motor

i was installin the heater blower motor....and when i put it in i just wanted to see if it worked so i only bolted on a couple of the nuts....and it came on....but was arching on the car....cause it was touchin the metal so i pulled the positive off...so i new it was workin i bolted the rest of the bolts back on and now it doesnt work.....could it be a bad ground?
    cause there is power runnin to the wires i checked with a test light and when i plug the positive into the motor and check the negative...the light lights up also...so is it the ground thats not workin properly or could i have blown out the motor with it sparking like that....cause i dont see how it works then doesnt.....i checked the fuse and the fuse is fine....so i dont know what to do im stressed...

The arcing would not have damaged the motor. Go back to the original test you did and try it again, see if it turns on again, then go from there.

Comment

not to be simple but did you check the fuse?
      2000 WS6 T/A M6. Monster stage 3 clutch, flowmaster cat back, 4.10's, SLP lid, Hurst shifter.
      1996 Mustang GT 5 speed STOCK DD
      past rides:
      1996 Mustang GTS bright tangerine orange
      2003 Mach 1 azure blue drag car (10.90@118 record holder for fastest N/A mach)
      1969 Mach 1 house of colors candy apple red393 stroker 100 shot (10.829@125 in street trim)
      2003 Mach 1 Torched red FRPP aluminator/vortech 666RWHP
      2008 Mustang GT JDM stroker long block, Saleen 2.3 twin screw
      1980 Mustang L 13.7: 418 stroker
      1994 Z28 A4 rebuilt from wreck
      1994 Z28 A4 totaled

Comment

If you have a power and a ground to the motor and its not turning on, then the motor is bad.

To check the ground wire, hook the alligator clip end of the test light to the power wire and probe the ground. If it lights you have ground. Also, check to make sure - where the motor bolts to the housing, it is a good clean contact. Probably doesnt need to be, but I would just make sure.
        96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
        11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

well i just exchanged it and it still doesnt work i put it on a touched the test light and the light lights up but the fan isnt movin....so what i did was pull the power off and put the test light to the pos and to the neg and it doesnt light up....so the negative isnt hooked up or something.....what do i do>>>>the guy said check the resistor also and i have no idea what or where that is...is there a way i can just rig it to work instead of fishin for wires cause its complicated

Comment

If you put the light on the power wire and ran it to the ground (neg) and it does NOT light, you have a faulty ground. You should trace the wire and find out where it is broken. But you can simply run a new wire to a good chassis ground and be done with it for now.
            96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
            11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Make sure you are getting juice to the power wire and if you are it is the ground.

Comment

when using the test light, go from the battery to the blower motor's ground. if it lights its not the ground. then go from the battery negative to the blower motors power with the key on and the blower switch on its highest setting. the highest setting for the fan bypasses the resistor bridge completely and delivers 12 volts to the motor. if you get nothing then. it is one of 3 things.

1) bad fuse

2) bad switch

3) bad relay

figure out wich one of them is bad, and we will go from there
                2000 WS6 T/A M6. Monster stage 3 clutch, flowmaster cat back, 4.10's, SLP lid, Hurst shifter.
                past rides:
                1969 Mach 1 house of colors candy apple red393 stroker 100 shot (10.829@125 in street trim)
                1994 Z28 A4 totaled

Comment

ok it is the ground cause i just rigged up my own ground with 18 gauge wire...and the fan is on....question though is it supposed to blow like pretty good...and strong cause this one is WEAK....like it comes out of the vents up at the winshield Ok....but the dash vents are very weak i was wondering if the ground connection had anything to do with it or is my vaccum lines clogged or what???......or if i should make a better ground....but it is on and it does adjust speed...pressing the button up and down...i just have no buttons for dash or floor or anything its just heater or vent or winshield...and air conditioning options...but it is weak any ideas....?

Comment

is it weak with the car running? or off? does it make any differance? maybe the battery is weak and needs a good charge. also remember that a bad ground can cause all kinds of problems related to the electrical system
                    past rides:
                    1994 Z28 A4 totaled

Comment

it doesnt make a differnce its the same weakness...and because its cold does the battery lose juice and not charge good cause ive noticed it gettin weaker but its 800 cold cranking amps and the alt and the battery are both a couple months new...so....thats not what should be the problem....maybe its the ground i dont know i just put the wire on a u shaped connecter and put the u around a bolt but i had to tape it onto the u thing cause it doesnt crimp well...so maybe thats the problem....i dont know it just seems really weak
                      it does heat up but its not like todays cars that are like hurricane winds when you put it on its like so weak its not even on except for the top at the windshield...that is what basically is heating the car.....cause its blowin ok like as if the fan was on low....but i have it on high

Comment

Working...
                      X