Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone replace wheel bearings in an LS1?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone replace wheel bearings in an LS1?

I am the original owner of a 1999 WS6 T/A with 57K on the odo, and hear what appears to be wheel bearing noise, not tire tread noise.

First. does anyone believe that wheel bearings could need replacement at 57K easy driven miles?

If so, how hard is it to replace both front and rear? Any guides?

I assume that the fronts should be relatively easy, since the backs may be press fit to the axle, correct?

I am very familiar with 1st and 2nd gen's, but have not needed to work on my 4th gen yet., hence the newbee questions

Thanks for all you help and suggestions in advance.

Paul

im willing to bet its not your wheel bearings. these cars wheel bearings dont cause problems that im aware of .......in fact... since 97...i dont know of anyone thats had to change them out from normal wear and tear.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

i don't think it is your wheel bearings i have about the same miles on my car and u say u drive yours easy well i beat the hell out of mine over 120 MPH evey time i get in it moust of the time faster. I just can't help myself the car just want's to go and keep going. But back to you what makes u think it's your wheel bearings

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys

I performed my normal PM this weekend and verified that a combination of low tire pressure and tire treads getting low caused the increase in rolling noise.

Thanks,

Paul

Comment

Working...
        X