after market suspension components

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• after market suspension components

what are the best available aftermarket suspension components? i have been looking around quite a bit and have found a ton of good looking stuff. as far as i am concerned looks arent any thing when it comes to suspension. i want something that has been proven at a track more than once, or something that has had an indipendant test done on it. what brands do you guys prefer? and do you own the product already? want to own it? or know some one who does own it? and finally, what do you think of it compairedto other brands?

thanks
    Jeff
    2000 WS6 T/A M6. Monster stage 3 clutch, flowmaster cat back, 4.10's, SLP lid, Hurst shifter.
    1996 Mustang GT 5 speed STOCK DD
    past rides:
    1996 Mustang GTS bright tangerine orange
    2003 Mach 1 azure blue drag car (10.90@118 record holder for fastest N/A mach)
    1969 Mach 1 house of colors candy apple red393 stroker 100 shot (10.829@125 in street trim)
    2003 Mach 1 Torched red FRPP aluminator/vortech 666RWHP
    2008 Mustang GT JDM stroker long block, Saleen 2.3 twin screw
    1980 Mustang L 13.7: 418 stroker
    1994 Z28 A4 rebuilt from wreck
    1994 Z28 A4 totaled

I'll speak up for Spohn Performance. I own a lot of his stuff, some of it has been installed by Steve, after doing prototype work on my car. I know Steve Spohn has his own 3rd Gen that 60-fts well. He has other 3rd Gens in the 1.2X range. I've seen him crawl under George Baxter's 9.16-second 30th SS and turn it into a 9.04-sec car.... and the front wheels never left the track on that pass. The front wheels just "danced" lightly on the surface of the track... perfect weight tranfer, with the back end actually rising slightly as it put the max reaction on the rear wheels.

Everything Spohn sells is assembled by Spohn. Many other suppliers, inlcuding the other "big name" 4th Gen supplier, simply buy their stuff from another source. Steve is an AWS certified welder - his occupation before going full-time into the suspension component business. The only other person in his shop is his dad, Gordon, also an accomplished machinist. Their workmanship is meticulous. Their pride in the finished product is reflected in excellent customer service.

I haven't put the car to the ultimate test yet.... 300-shot off the line.... but with an N/A launch (and a convertor that doesn't stall very high without the 800ft-lb nitrous boost behind it) the car will pull 1.6 60's all day long. I have never spun the tires.... just hooks and goes. And that was before the addition of the "drag race" rear sway bar. I have no doubt that if I could hit the tires harder, it would just continue to hook, and drop the 60-fts way below what they are.

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I have used the S&W tork arm and hotchkis lower arms and panhard par they work really well i am thinking of put the lower arm relocation brakits i here they work really well. But evey thing outher then them i all ready have and are working well.

Comment

Originally posted by faster then u
        I have used the S&W tork arm and hotchkis lower arms and panhard par they work really well i am thinking of put the lower arm relocation brakits i here they work really well. But evey thing outher then them i all ready have and are working well.
        and don't forget to mention your claim to fame of a 1.5 60' with a stock motor.

Comment

yes a 1.5 60' leveing @ 6000 RPM and on spray on a stock motor with a dry nos kit.

Comment

I use bmr
            ~~~The Twisted One~~~

My 30th is gone but soon a new era will begin.

Comment

BMR bumper to bumper.

He is now getting 1.28 60s and high 10.20s !!
              94 Z28/UltraZ Hood & Box/1 1/2 Drop/52mmTB & Bypass/160 Stat/Pulley/ Catback & pipe/Kirkey seats/5 point belts/WW Wing/Ford9"-4.11- Detroit locker-Strange axles/ZEKE'S Heads & LT4 HC/Stainless Headers & Y/1LE Panhard/BMR SFCs-STB-Relo Brackets-Tunnel Brace-Adj Tq arm- Sway bar- LCAs-PHB/ABARE RACING 4L60E/COAN 3200/Monster tach & light/DS Loop

19/09/04[M6]=12.392@113.518 / 1.802 60ft.

10/04/05[A4]=12.29@111.9 /1.652 60ft.

Comment

I tell you what, it's tough to beat BMR especially when you factor in the price. Their stuff is great quality and pricing is superb.

Comment

BMR IT IS, they look like they really have there stuff together. any one have any good info on how they feel on a road course with BMR stuff?
                  2000 WS6 T/A M6. Monster stage 3 clutch, flowmaster cat back, 4.10's, SLP lid, Hurst shifter.
                  1996 Mustang GT 5 speed STOCK DD
                  past rides:
                  1996 Mustang GTS bright tangerine orange
                  2003 Mach 1 azure blue drag car (10.90@118 record holder for fastest N/A mach)
                  1969 Mach 1 house of colors candy apple red393 stroker 100 shot (10.829@125 in street trim)
                  2003 Mach 1 Torched red FRPP aluminator/vortech 666RWHP
                  2008 Mustang GT JDM stroker long block, Saleen 2.3 twin screw
                  1980 Mustang L 13.7: 418 stroker
                  1994 Z28 A4 rebuilt from wreck
                  1994 Z28 A4 totaled

Comment

I drive mine on the street everyday[except winter]and it feels terrific,much better than stock because everything from BMR is overbuilt and the car feels like one solid piece of billet aluminium!!

It tracks like a vette[not quite as supple].
                    94 Z28/UltraZ Hood & Box/1 1/2 Drop/52mmTB & Bypass/160 Stat/Pulley/ Catback & pipe/Kirkey seats/5 point belts/WW Wing/Ford9"-4.11- Detroit locker-Strange axles/ZEKE'S Heads & LT4 HC/Stainless Headers & Y/1LE Panhard/BMR SFCs-STB-Relo Brackets-Tunnel Brace-Adj Tq arm- Sway bar- LCAs-PHB/ABARE RACING 4L60E/COAN 3200/Monster tach & light/DS Loop

19/09/04[M6]=12.392@113.518 / 1.802 60ft.

10/04/05[A4]=12.29@111.9 /1.652 60ft.

Comment

BMR has some clearance prices right now on some items. I just bought LCAs, a panhard rod, and strut tower brace.
                      '95 Trans Am - A4, LE2 heads, LE1 cam, 1.6 ProMags, Comp R's, AS&M CAI, AS&M 54mm, MAC midlengths, Random Tech. cat, Borla cat back, PCMforless, Vigilante 2800, 3.73's, BMR LCAs/panhard/shock tower brace

Comment

Working...
                      X