Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody use MSD Super Conductor 8.5mm wires?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody use MSD Super Conductor 8.5mm wires?

Any tips on routing the wires around. It looks like it is going to be a challenge... especially on the passenger side. Should I use the factory heat shields on the rear plugs also (if they will fit)
    1995 Firebird Formula
    (A4 3.23)Ram Air w/ K&N, TransGo Shift Kit w/3 washers ,SLP~Shorty headers, LoudMouth, Air Foil, LineLocks. Catco Cat. Hypertech 160. TB Bypass. MSD~8.5mm. Walbro 255lph. FT MAF ends. LT4KM. BMR~Adj LCA's, Rear sway, Panhard rod. HAL QA1 rear shocks. Random Tech adj TQ arm. Nitto NT555R's. Covered in Zaino. 13.466@103.85 N/A. [1.948 60' 13.410 @ 102.66 11/20/05]

I didn't use the MSD wires, I went with the Taylor wires and I put them back through the stock heat shielding and holders. I had to file out the holders to make them bigger so they would fit, but it was worth it in the end to keep everything neat and clean with no burned wires. I have the MSD wires on my 454 now and they're great.
    69 Z28 with JL8 factory 4 wheel disc brakes, crossram, transistor ignition, radio delete, heater delete - being restored
    70 SS 396 L78 documented, #'s matching
    2000 SS Camaro daily beater

Comment

If I remember right...when I had my 97 Formula, I ran the passenger side from the opticrap through the AC bracket. It's still knuckle bustin' time!

Comment

The MSD's are 8.5mm, and they are going to be a real dog to fit in the stock locations, using the stock clips and looms. Stock is 7mm, most people upgrade to 8mm, the 8.5's just make it that much harder.

The MSD Super Conductors are great wires.... I run them, but my setup isn't quite "stock"....

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
        X