EZ scan capture numbers, Help....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EZ scan capture numbers, Help....

Just bought the scanner, read code 32, spent the last two days learning about EGR, changed the EGR valve...but the problem is still there. It's the same old story-stumble at low RPM, rough, surging idle, and surging on acceleration. If anyone can give insight on these numbers, I would more that appreciate it.

So I held the brake, took it to arougn 1000rpm, engine surged and here's the capture

RPM 950
    coolent 224.6
    minifold air temp 131.4
    MAP sensor 2.68v
    Trottle sensor 0.96v
    throttle angle 10%
    battery 12.8v
    barometric press 4.90v
    left O2 646mv
    right O2 66mv (both ranged 50-850mv)

left block learn 119 (while driving these changed constantly)
    right block learn 124
    left integrator 118
    right integrator 132
    left inj pulse 5.4ms
    right inj pulse 6.3ms

mass air flow 19gr/sec
    ccp duty cycle 0.0%
    spark advance 32
    knock retard 0 ( got 1 degree while driving)
    EGR duty cycle 99.4%

closed loop on

You have a noticeable fuel imbalence between the left and right bank. Possible leaking injector? You might want to swap the injectors from side to side and see if the symptom follows the swap.

What year car? Engine? mileage?

Comment

Oh yea, i was so busy typing in the scanner info i forgot the details...it's a 95z28 with 128,000 miles. The plugs were changed in '98 when I purchased it, and the opticrapper was replaced about 3 years ago (with new water pump). I was thinking maybe injectors, plugs or wires, but the 32 code led me to the EGR valve, which when compared to the new one, appeard to be leaking. Trouble is i'm a very novice mechanic, this is the 3rd f-body i've owned (i sold my 96 WS6 when i moved out here to CA, and i still hate myself for it!!). Anyway thanks for the info. how difficult is it really to swap injectors, don't i need a special tool to disconnect the fuel line??? (haynes manual) Bill

Comment

OK, that helps. The disconnect tool can be had at autozone for roughly $8. Another thing to look for is an exhaust leak at or prior to the 02 sensor. That will trigger a false lean and the computer will add fuel to compensate for what it sees as being lean on the offending bank.

Comment

Working...
        X