round 2 plugs and wires and other toys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• round 2 plugs and wires and other toys

heres what i have picked out so far LT1 Ported Intake Manifold, BBK 1000 cfm 58mm throttle body ,Taylor 10.4mm Thundervolt 50 Wires, Glasstek 4" Raised Ram Air Hood pin on and quad platuim bocuh plugs any tips suggestions more than welcome please commont on what you would change thanx

jon
    1995 formula firebird
    mods k&n fipk ,flowmaster catback, 52mm throttle body, crane hi-6 with lx92 coil,mad dog tranny with trans cooler

What are your other mods?
    As many people here will tell you, unless you have some serious motor work done the 58mm TB will be a waste of money. You won't gain anything from it and it may actually hurt performance.

For the money there are much better mods.
    99 TA "RBLUTA" - NBM, M6, Whisper Lid, SLP Fan Switch, 160* Thermo, SLP LM, BMR STB & LCA's.

***SOLD*** It will be missed!!
    93 Formula "FRMLAV8" -383 Stroker

Comment

i have no other mods as of yet besides ported maf, and a flowmaster catback but plan to get hooker long tubes and mufx 4 inch cat back
      1995 formula firebird
      mods k&n fipk ,flowmaster catback, 52mm throttle body, crane hi-6 with lx92 coil,mad dog tranny with trans cooler

Comment

Sounds like overkill!

With you current mods: ported MAF and catback - the TB and the 4" exhaust will be way overkill. It will most likely hinder you performance.

Here is what I would look at:
        1. You need cold air induction. I would go with a morroso kit $170
        2. Stay away from Bosch platinum plugs. Try the NGK plugs. They will last alot longer.
        3. I wouldn't worry about the ported intake either. Unless you have ported and polished heads w/ a larger cam you won't see any benefit from the ported intake.
        4. Try for a nice 3" catback exhaust. SLP Loudmouth, Borla, Corsa!
        5. Hooker longtubes are nice, and should help performance. However the Hooker coating is junk. Get them Jet-Hot coated or Nickel plated if you can. That will keep them from rusting, and cuts down on the temps in the engine area.
        6. A 160 degree thermostat, and the TB bypass mod are cheap and effective!

If you want to see some of these mods, and my results (comments) check out my website FRMLAV8 Webpage

Randy
        99 TA "RBLUTA" - NBM, M6, Whisper Lid, SLP Fan Switch, 160* Thermo, SLP LM, BMR STB & LCA's.

***SOLD*** It will be missed!!
        93 Formula "FRMLAV8" -383 Stroker

Comment

Working...
        X