Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back again for info on R&P

Hey Guys,

Just to let you know that the mods on Moby are still going on - for every one that I fix, I find two more that need to be done, but it runs fine....

In case you're unawares:
    http://www.f-body.com/index.html/sho...&threadid=1880

I'm not sure if you can answer this question in toto, but here it is: What is the R&P on a 1994 Z28 with the 4L60E tranny, and would any of you happen to know what the R&P is on a 1985 Olds Delta 88? I'm not sure, but I don't think the gas mileage is at it's best on the LT-1 with the stock R&P from the Station Wagon. Would the computer know or care what it is?

I'm hoping that I don't have to change the R&P, but if I need to get one, I will. BTW: the lt-1 still gets better mileage than the old POS 5.0L carbed engine that was in there...

Thanks guys for any help...

Ron

The ratio depends on whether you have the performance axle option. If you have a manually selectable 1st gear with your shifter, you most likely have a 3.23 rear performance gear option. Stock with a non selectable 1st gear is a 2.73. I can't be 100% sure, but I think the option code is GU8 and would be located on the parts service code sticker.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
      The ratio depends on whether you have the performance axle option. If you have a manually selectable 1st gear with your shifter, you most likely have a 3.23 rear performance gear option. Stock with a non selectable 1st gear is a 2.73. I can't be 100% sure, but I think the option code is GU8 and would be located on the parts service code sticker.
      I don't have any way of knowing about the car that the engine came out of... Are the ratios really that small? I'm into Jeeps and was into racing as a kid, and I can't imagine ratios like that. I'm used to ratios like 3.73:1, 4.10:1, and 4.56:1.

I'm not sure about what a luxury car would have for rear ratios, can anyone hazzard a guess?

Comment

Originally posted by FunkyLT-1Mod
        I'm not sure about what a luxury car would have for rear ratios, can anyone hazzard a guess?
        I would guess in the high 2's... like a 2.73 or therabouts.

It should be pretty good for gas mileage. If you want to know for sure you can either find the option code sticker in the wagon and look it up, or if the sticker is gone jack up the axle and do the old chalkmark and rotate method counting the rotations.

The code will begin with GU and then have a number for a 3rd digit.

ex.. GU2

Comment

Working...
        X