Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alright guys, I am not proud of this...

I have a confession to make. I like the Subaru Impreza WRX STi and the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII. Besides having the longest names in car history, they are really sweet cars. I know it's that ricey technology that of us like, but when a car can throw out 300 HP, run a 1/4 mile in 13 seconds flat, have 4 doors and a decent back seat, and be almost uneffected by snow, ice, and rain... I think it's pretty special no matter how many cylinders it has. I need a "winter car" soon, and I will definitely be checking into those two beasts. I just wish I could get the STi without those hideous gold wheels, and the Lancer without those clear tail lights. I realize what it says in my profile about Japanese cars... but I gotta admit... these two are pretty sweet.
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

That WRX STi is actually pretty sweet. It is running high 12's from what I have seen. And with AWD it should handle like crazy.

As far as I am concerned any car running 12's stock isn't rice. Unless you cover it with stickers and put a fart pipe on it!

Randy
    99 TA "RBLUTA" - NBM, M6, Whisper Lid, SLP Fan Switch, 160* Thermo, SLP LM, BMR STB & LCA's.

***SOLD*** It will be missed!!
    93 Formula "FRMLAV8" -383 Stroker

Comment

Cars are cars....

Import or domestic, chevy or ford, 4, 6, or 8 cylinders.... a bad ass car is a bad ass car right?? Any car that fast deserves respect even if it isnt your personal favorite as far as I am concerned. Just my two cents...

Comment

If it were me, I would get the scoobie, put the stock wheels in the garage and get a set you want. If you want to add stuff to it later, great. The next new vehicle I get will most likely be AWD, turbo, and severely modified. I could really enjoy an AWD 400 HP 3400 lb car. Same power but 2400 lbs would be even better. Same power in an 1800 lb car would be
        If you can't tell, I'm on a weight loss kick.

Seriously, I would have to cast a thumbs down in the direction of Mitsubishi. While the initial product may work, having owned a few, ican tell you that the ownership has been nothing but miles of pure hell. Horrible service, parts availability problems and frankly I will never buy another Mitsubishi anything, regardless of how well it looked/performed. There were some bright spots, but the overall experience was less than stellar. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. If you really want to find out what you are in for, ask Mitsubishi owners how many of them have had headgaskets blow and how many times.

Comment

Gold Wheels

Silver Painted wheels instead of gold are optional and at no cost on the 2004 model. Go to

http://www.cars.com]Cars. Com[/URL]

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

I agree with Joe on Mitsu. service and durability. I will never set foot in one of their dealerships again after problems with my wife's car. Ya know how to get a Mitsubishi fixed right? Trade it!

Andy
            '94 Formula M6, XE224/230 w/1.6 RR's, hardened pushrods, Comp R lifters, SLP ceramic coated shorties, Random Tech cat., Flowmaster cat-back, CSI water pump, vented opti, PCM tuning by Spraytheway, BMR k-member, SFC's, DSL, LCA's & brackets, adj. PHR
            339 RWHP, 341 RWTQ
            '00 S-10 ZR2

Comment

Off with his head.
              LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

im from the old school. i dont care how fast they are......... its not American Muscle...it dont look like American Muscle...it dont sound like American Muscle...........

its rice.

ahhhh........rice...........

kenC

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I personally think those cars are overpriced. I would question the durability of the Subaru since it's a relatively new model. The Mitsu's have had some serious problems like others have mentioned. My old roommate traded his Mistu Eclipse for a 95 TA when the Mitsu crapped out it's ignition system. If you want power and AWD, look at the Syclones and Typhoons. Get a Cavalier and slap the supercharger on it if you want more power. Heck of a lot cheaper than the imports. As for the argument about AWD or FWD in bad weather, that's a load of garbage. Just get some good tires or take the day off from work. What did our parent do way back before FWD? Snow tires! So enjoy your F-body and get an S-10 beater for a winter vehicle.
                  69 Z28 with JL8 factory 4 wheel disc brakes, crossram, transistor ignition, radio delete, heater delete - being restored
                  70 SS 396 L78 documented, #'s matching
                  2000 SS Camaro daily beater

Comment

You have my vote for Mitsu's suckin'. An Xgirlfriend had a bone stock 96 GSX. Darn thing broke all the time, and she was a granny driver. Head gasket, transfer case, and many electrical problems- even worse, a horrible service department (at 2 different dealers). Getting anything fixed under warranty was like pulling teeth.

Though, I do also like the 'new' WRX (now that they've changed the headlights.. I hated the 2002's.

-George

Best ET: 13.41 @ 103.80 MPH (@600 FT) with these Mods: SLP 2L/2R Exhaust, K&N FIPK, LT4 KM, 4.10 GM Superior gears, BMR LCAs & relocation brackets, Energy Suspension Poly Tranny Mount, 160 degree thermostat, HPP3 ( mostly for speedo & fan recalibration), MSD 6AL Ignition & MSD Blaster Coil and all the free mods.
                    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
                    Trans Am- The Muscle Car Lives

Comment

Originally posted by z06transam
                      MITSUBISHIS ARE A PIECE OF **** NOTHING AGAINST THE JAPANESE AND YOU KNOW THE BOMBING AND ALL BUT THE CARS SUCK. YEAH THERE TURBO CHARGED AND ALL BUT THEY BREAK WAY TOO MUCH. MY BUDDY HAS A 98 ECLIPSE TURBO. ITS QUICK BUT HE BROKE THE TRANNY IN IT WITH IN 4 MONTHS AND THE OTHER ONE IS GOING NOW TOO. THE WRX IS A BAD *** CAR. I ALMOST GOT ONE WHEN I WAS LOOKING FOR A 4 DOOR CAR TO REDUCE SPEEDING TICKETS. BUT ANY WAYS. WRX IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE IMPORTS THATS 4 DOOR. SO HEY GO FOR IT OVER THE EVO.
                      kill the "caps lock" key dude. thanks.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Subaru's are great cars.... I can personnaly testify for that. My daily driver is a 1990 Legacy w/ 230K miles still on the original tranny (never been rebuild). Yes, I do take care of it and sevice it regularly and she treats me right....

I know many would disagree in here but Sti's out corner most F-bodies in curves and wet roads are a lot more dependable.....

of course if a V8 is a must than the new Audi S4 is a way to go...... That thing is a all natural monster!

I am still saving up for a M3!!!

Comment

MY $0.02

i must say, it's a nice change to meet some true car people. I just came from the whole import thing and i'm so sick of people just raggin on other peoples cars cause of where they were made. I love cars no matter what. But to tell you the truth, they don't break that often, mitsubishi is another story but for the rest, don't be too quick to dis. All in all, i just wanted to say that i'm glad to see that you all have open minds for the most part.

Comment

The WRX's are tight >>

I am on the verge of buying a 2004 STI. I was at the Subaru dealership yesterday with my father. I currently have an 02 Grand Am GT. The car has 15k miles, and i've had nothing but problems with it. Lower Intake gaskets, rattles, windows dying, i'm just plain sick of it! But anyways, I have a long commute from school and back, so we've decided to get me something w/ AWD, and something that has a lot of passing power (highway) driving. Nonetheless, we went and drove the STI. I honestly think, this car is unreal. I mean I know you all love your f-bodies, and I loved mine too, but when you can get something with a 4 banger and AWD and it will run as fast an F-bod, heck you can't go wrong! I drove both the EVO and the STI though, and I personally like the STI better. I know Jay is considering one, and man, it's a nice car! Just thought I'd let ya know. Hopefully by the end of this week, I will be out of the 02 GAGT and in w/ the STI!

Jeff
                            One SWEET 02 GAGT w/ tons of mods!

Comment

wtf >>

I posted a response to this thread, and it got zapped or something, WHY?
                              One SWEET 02 GAGT w/ tons of mods!

Comment

Working...
                              X