NFB, wierd comp adv

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB, wierd comp adv

im gettin these soundclip advertisements on my computer. they are usually from a movie, but lately theyve been for products people are trying to sell as well. I cant find anyprogram running them and there are no windows open. does anyone else have this problem?
    ~~~The Twisted One~~~

My 30th is gone but soon a new era will begin.

Sounds like a program running in the backround. Does it only happen when your online? What operating system you running? If Windows 9X, XP, NT go to start, run, and type in: MSCONFIG. Click on the startup tab and check off whatever you dont need or use. Restart your computer, check the "Do not show this again" box, and see if that solves your problem.
    1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

Never heard of an advertisement that can produce sound with no Windows open or programs running. If you're using XP maybe it's coming through Windows messaging? If that's it you can download the latest Windows update to take care of that. I believe it defaults messaging to off.

I would also run Ad Aware and / or Spy Bot as a good preventative.

Good luck finding it..........

Comment

Working...
      X