Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB My flight to Kuwait

I sent this email to my family. I thought you guys might appreciate it:

This is just a short note to let you know that I have arrived safely.

I left El Paso / Ft Bliss at 5AM last Sunday. A 2 star General from
    Ft Bliss shook everyones hand as we boarded the chartered United Airlines 747. I thought that that was a very nice gesture.

I wasn't ready for what greated us on the aircraft. They had small
    Christmas trees set up and red white and blue bunting ran from the front to the rear of the aircraft.

We put our carry-ons in the overheads and the soldiers placed their M-16s on the floor.

The pilot spoke on the intercom and introduced himself as a retired navy officer, the co-pilot was a retired Marine Corps officer. They welcomed us aboard and thanked us for the service to our nation.

The flight crew welcomed us and made everybody feel like they were in first class. The flight crew had sought donations from local firms and fed us like kings. We had Starbucks coffee, Krispy Creme Donuts, Candies, Sandwiches, McDonalds cheeseburgers; all in addition to the regular airline food.

We stopped in O'hare to refuel and change out the crew. The new crew brought more food and additionally brought letters from children in the Chicago area. I mean hundreds of letters. I evidently got something in my eyes and it took a few minutes to clear up.

I couldn't keep count of how many times we were thanked for service to our nation. I was really impressed the the United Airlines crew went out of their way to thank the soldiers and civilians, most of whom were going to Iraq.

It really made me proud to be an American

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

I'm glad I'm not the only one that appreciates what you guys are doing for everyone in our country. Thank you.

Andy
    '94 Formula M6, XE224/230 w/1.6 RR's, hardened pushrods, Comp R lifters, SLP ceramic coated shorties, Random Tech cat., Flowmaster cat-back, CSI water pump, vented opti, PCM tuning by Spraytheway, BMR k-member, SFC's, DSL, LCA's & brackets, adj. PHR
    339 RWHP, 341 RWTQ
    '00 S-10 ZR2

Comment

Wow! That gave me chills. That is awesome, United just went up a notch for me. You guys deserved every bit of that stuff too. You are all heroes in my book. God bless and stay safe!

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

We are blessed to live in this kick a$$ nation. Thanks for defending our freedom!

Comment

Hoorah Military (especially Air Force) I love stories like that because it makes my heart warm and tingly be safe there and be back soon so you can drive the f-body again (and your significant other ) HAHAHAHAH! also try to make the best of it and have fun ok !!
          Attached Files
          Brian Diehl,USAF

1995 Z-28 Polo Green with chrome ZO6 rims K&N and Flowmaster

Comment

You and the rest of our armed forces make us proud to be Americans, Bob.

Thank You!!!

Sean
            1994 Z28, 6 spd, LE2 Heads, GM 1.6 RR, .026" head gasket, SLP: CAI-Headers (CARB legal)-ypipe-2 on the left-lightweight flywheel-short throw, Random tech cat, CF dual friction, LT-4 KM.

Comment

It really is amazing...the amount of support. The other month I was walking to the office in uniform. A truck driver saw me and literally stopped his rig just to get out and shake my hand! I was almost speachless.

Bob....if you're ever in Arifjan, look me up. I'll probably be there this spring.
              Joe K.
              '11 BMW 328i
              '10 Matrix S AWD
              Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Im AD Air Force and spent some time over there at the beginning of the war. Living in a military town you dont get that thank you as much...but when I came back to Buffalo afterwards everyone thanked me(and my fellow troops). My old High School even sent care packages to all the troops who were alumni at the school. I was forwardly deployed so much I never got mine but definitly appreciated the jesture.

A definite thanks goes out to all the guys still out there. If they asked me to go back I would in a heartbeat.

I had just bought my Camaro 12 days before I got orders...let a co-woker who was a vette owner take care of it. 12 days of driving my new car and then deployed...that sucked.
                -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
                98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
                98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
                94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

Comment

GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS

You dont usually get that much respect in a military town but when you go to citys like New York, Boston, Philly and other big cities that dont have any military there, they treat you like kings. last year after we came back from deployment my ship went to Boston and New York, I had a great time there, cab rides were free, food was free, drinks were free. You just cant beat that.
                  I have been in the navy for 5 1/2 years I spent 7 1/2 months on a deployment in the gulf, spending spending most of the time standing gun watches, boarding ships, and when I had time resting (not much of that out there). spent 3 days doing Naval Gun Fire Support for marines while they were doing recon missions. I would do it all over again.

Bob good luck and god bless

p.s. watch your 6

99 T/A WS-6
                  SLP strut tower brace, SLP sub-frame connectors, SLP intake, SLP Loudmouth exhaust, shift kit, SLP suspension system, SLP y-pipe
                  2004 Mineral Gray Mustang Mach1 (stock, but ordering the SLP Loudmouth)
                  88 IROC-Z, ZZ430 CRATE MOTOR, Flowmaster exhaust, MOSER 12-bolt with gears, and a few other mods.

Comment

Working...
                  X