High compression ratio with N20?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High compression ratio with N20?

I am currently using Diamond -10cc pistons and my compression ratio is 11.53:1. We were considering the possibility of going with a -5cc JE piston which would put my compression ratio right around 12.3:1. I spray a 200 shot and run motorsport 103 octane. What do you guys think? Would the additional cylinder pressure be too much with a 200 shot?

What are you planning on running for fuel?
    96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
    11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

motorsport 103 octane

Comment

I think what he was alluding to is that you aren't going to be running 103 anymore at that compression and with that much nitrous. I don't think I'd push my luck, I'd step up to full on race gas.
        "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

I talked to the race shop where I have purchased most of my parts from and they recommended Sunoco blue supreme 112 octane. They have an SS with a 12.5:1 383ci motor running on this fuel and getting a 450 shot of the good stuff with no problems. Sweet!

Comment

I spray 300HP on a 10.8:1 381, and use VP fuels C16 (117.5 R+M/2). Its on the edge.
            Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

How much retard in the ignition timing are you running with your 300 shot? How is your fuel being delivered? (which pump, what size line, injectors, stock fuel rail, etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by MN6WS6
                I think what he was alluding to is that you aren't going to be running 103 anymore at that compression and with that much nitrous. I don't think I'd push my luck, I'd step up to full on race gas.
                Yup.....
                96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                  I talked to the race shop where I have purchased most of my parts from and they recommended Sunoco blue supreme 112 octane.
                  Thats more like it.

Comment

I will keep you informed of how the rebuild and tuning goes.

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                      How much retard in the ignition timing are you running with your 300 shot? How is your fuel being delivered? (which pump, what size line, injectors, stock fuel rail, etc.)
                      My engine management is done with a MoTeC M48PRo computer, IEX 8-channel ignition driver. The engine makes 486HP NA, and 783 with the nitrous. Timing on the nitrous is about 12deg less.

Fuel system:

-Bosch 205LPH intank pump, in stock support, converted to -AN fittings (runs full time). Pump supports 500HP.

-Sump on rear of stock tank, with internal screen filter

-10AN suction line from sump to external pump

-Bosch 205LPH external pump (runs only when nitrous system is armed). This pump runs in parallel with the intank pump. Supports an additional 500HP.

-6AN flow lines from each pump, to an NOS -6AN "Y" fitting.

-SX billet filter in stock location

-6AN line to rear of fuel rails

-NOS -6AN "Y" fitting splitting the supply into 2 lines.

-6AN line to the back of each fuel rail.

-6AN fitting welded to diagonal crossover line on front of fuel rails, for return.

-6AN return line to Weldon AFPR mounted under the cowl

-6AN return line to stock fuel tank connection.

-1/8" NPT boss on fuel rail for fuel pressure sensor

There is no vacuum compensation line run to the Weldon AFPR.

The nitrous is a dry system. Injectors are 64# Bosch, running at 58psi, making them, in effect 78#/HR injectors. Peak duty cycle is only 70%.
                      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
                      X