power window slow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power window slow

Ever since it got really cold here in Colorado my driver side window seems to go down really slow for the first half and then speeds up on the second half to the speed that it used to go down. Do you guys think that the cold weather has something to do with it or is the motor going out?

Thanks,
    Shaun
    94' Formula, T-56, Moroso CAI

Both. I had to replace my driver's side window motor when I first got my car. $40 at O'Reilly Auto Parts, is there one of these in Colorado?

Comment

could be your battery too.......!

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Thanks, for the info guys. I don't know if we have one of those auto part stores in Colorado but I'll sure take a look. I didn't think about the battery, I hooked up a couple of amplifiers and those could very easily drain the battery. Thanks again.
        94' Formula, T-56, Moroso CAI

Comment

If you take off the inner door panels you can get to the tracks. Then clean off the old dirty grease and regrease with white lithium grease. I did this to my IROCZ and it did speed up the window movement.

Comment

he took the words outta my mouth we had to do that to my moms car once took the door panel off cleaned the old grease off and put new on it it worked for us window rolls smooth now
            1986- honda accord lx 2.0 liter fuel injection 5-speed manual 211,000 miles-sold-
            1986- honda accord dx 2.0 liter carb. 4-speed automatic 200,000 miles-sold-
            1992-mitsubishi eclipse 2.0L DOHC 5 speed manual 16" ar rims -blew up- then i sold it- worse mistake ever (buying it)
            1991 hyundai excel-HA! sold
            1995 dodge neon 1.6 liter,5spd, cold air intake, short throw shift, buger bushings, stiffer motor mounts, strut towers/ anti sway, lowering kit, a couple other perf. mods , sleeper

Comment

My passenger side is slow (same issue though)...

Whats involved in taking off the door skin to clean the tracks? (It doesn't seem something that would be covered in the owners manual). Also, if its my power window motor thats going, how easy is that to replace? Thanks guys. GK

Comment

The general routine for inner door panel removal is:
                1. remove armrest/door pull normally held on by screws
                2. remove switches and disconnect wires
                3. remove or loosen trim around door latch handle(leave handle on)
                4. on nonpowered windows the window crank is removed with a special tool
                5. start at the bottom of the door and gently pull it out (there are plasitc retainer clips that should stay on the inner door panel)
                6. once you get the first one off you can feel along the door to the next one and try to get fingers on each side of it and pull
                7. the top has clips that side into the window cavity
                8. lift the panel up and forward while pulling the door latch handle out
                9. if any of the plastic clips stayed in the door the can be pulled out and put back into the inner door panel with a twisting motion

This is for GM cars & trucks.

As for replacing the window motor, it can be a difficult painfull job on a 3rd gen f-body, GM might have made it easier on a 4th gen, but I doubt it.

Comment

Working...
                X