need help with gear selection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with gear selection

i have (as my name says) a 96 ws6 and im interested in getting a gear for the rear end. it has 342s and i got to have something bigger. im debating between 373s and 410-411s. its a daily driver but its taken to the track 2 or 3 times every 6 months. what are the pros and cons of these gears? thanks fellas~gunter

1996 Trans Am WS6 #34
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/gunter96ws6

Pros would be mucho better acceleration. Cons would be usually a little increased noise, decreased gas mileage. For 6 speed cars, 4:10s are the choice. Autos go for the 3.73

Comment

I recently had 4.10's installed (thanks, wolfman!)......with a M6, that's the way to go...really wakes up the car ......city mileage, 10-14, dependin on how much I play.....highway mileage, 25.5 @ 75-80
      DWS
      Silver M6 '95 Formula-sold to MCKNBRD

Zaino all the way!!

'03 Z06....Donaldson Blackwing, CAGS, '04 Z06 shocks, ceramic pads

Comment

I just finished researching gears and reading many threads a camaroz28.com and other sights.

I found that a lot of people swapping 3.42's to 3.73's reported no change to their 1/4 mile times. So, if you have an A4 you may be fine where you are and may want to look other places for performance increases. I didn't spend a lot of time focusing on the M6 since I drive an auto....

Hope this helps....
        Joe K.
        '11 BMW 328i
        '10 Matrix S AWD
        Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Working...
        X