95 vs 98 body parts question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 vs 98 body parts question

i had a wreck with my car and i cant find a front fender locally and would take about a week to get the part in a shipment that is IF there are the requiered parts...
    my question is can i put 98 fender on 95 v6 camaro and if so might as well convert the front end if possible...???

first i dont wanna wait, secondly might as well convert it if i can the 98 hood and lights look sweet

It'll fit but it'll cost you as a lot of the stuff up there will have to be replaced and it ain't cheap.

Comment

what are the body differences? are the fenders the same?
      what all do i have to replace? if i find the 98 at a salvage yard i can have the front end my worry is do i need to replace doors or the rear quarter panels to match teh front or is the only difference the front end?

Comment

I'm not sure but I remember this question being asked here before. The answer was the fenders are not interchangable. To do the change, you have to replace everything in front of the doors. Fenders, hood, bumper, lights and a bunch of mounting harware.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

All the stuff mentioned above, plus radiator support.
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
          X