got my car....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got my car....

well ive thought abotu it for a long time and i couldnt decide if i wanted a f-bod for my first car or a little 4cyl. honda or other import with good gas mileage and insurance at a cheap rate and i decided to get a honda because 1. i get a car for graduation 2. i need money 3. insurance and gas money will be cheaper 4. my mom for shoudlnt want me to get a f-bod...''to much power'' so i was going to Indy a week or two ago and I saw a little honda accord with a $1200 dollar pirce tag on it.. when we were coming back through i told my uncle to stop so i could look at it and see if it was (a)dependable and (B) everything else i wanted to find ina a honda, well the owner was willing to negotiate the price from $1,200 to $800 and then when i told him i didnt think i ocudl get $ 800 at that time he said woudl you take it for $600 and i said well i gotta talk to my mom so i came home and told my mom and she said ''we'll see'' which usualy means NO! but i came home the next day after school and took out the trash and there it was sitting on the side of the garage near the dumpster
    1986- honda accord lx 2.0 liter fuel injection 5-speed manual 211,000 miles-sold-
    1986- honda accord dx 2.0 liter carb. 4-speed automatic 200,000 miles-sold-
    1992-mitsubishi eclipse 2.0L DOHC 5 speed manual 16" ar rims -blew up- then i sold it- worse mistake ever (buying it)
    1991 hyundai excel-HA! sold
    1995 dodge neon 1.6 liter,5spd, cold air intake, short throw shift, buger bushings, stiffer motor mounts, strut towers/ anti sway, lowering kit, a couple other perf. mods , sleeper

it is a 86 honda accord 4-door lxi with power everything except seat and even a sun roof and new cd player interior is mint exterior has a little bit of rust but thats just because the car is 17 its a manual has a/c heat all the goodies plan to put just a few little mods on it dont wanna be a rice-boy...
    1986- honda accord lx 2.0 liter fuel injection 5-speed manual 211,000 miles-sold-
    1992-mitsubishi eclipse 2.0L DOHC 5 speed manual 16" ar rims -blew up- then i sold it- worse mistake ever (buying it)
    1995 dodge neon 1.6 liter,5spd, cold air intake, short throw shift, buger bushings, stiffer motor mounts, strut towers/ anti sway, lowering kit, a couple other perf. mods , sleeper

Comment

sorry about all the post but i forgot something insurance is only $90 whch id hate to see what it is for a 16 year-old driving a v-8 f-bod considering my friend pays $130 for his ford ranger with a v-6 in it

Comment

Only thing to worry about on those is the timing belt. You don't want to go more than about 85k on one. If they break, they usually take out a bunch of stuff. If it hasn't been changed lately you might want to make that your first mod.

96 TA Sold!
        87 TA Sold!
        80 Z28 Sold!
        74 Formula Sold!
        73 Z28 Sold!
        69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

I would be careful of the CV joints too. If you hear any popping when you turn, get them looked at. I had some trouble with mine on my first car (81 accord). Replacing one cost me about $300, and I paid $600 for the car.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

My cv joint popped for 3 years before it finally broke. At the time I couldn't afford to fix stuff unless I had to.

96 TA Sold!
            87 TA Sold!
            80 Z28 Sold!
            74 Formula Sold!
            73 Z28 Sold!
            69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

Good choice.

I'm driving around a 96' Honda Accord with EVERYTHING.
              Good car, but like they said, watch out for the timing belt and the cv boots/joints.

Also, I dont know if that year is notorious for it, but mine is - the ABS Control Module tend to go out on these - and they start to leak fluid and you throw codes. That means no ABS .. and even worse, it's about an $800 part and a $1100 job if you pay someone.

Unless you can get your hands on some TSBs, be prepared. Cuz Honda keeps them on lockdown.

I decided to break down and buy myself a Camaro SS, mainly because I can find one with low mileage. I was going to purchase a 300ZX TT, or a 240SX and swap in a SR20DET, both too much trouble. I'm calling this week to find out what I'm going to be paying if I decide to get it.

Comment

Congratulations. Honda's get twice the gas mileage and seem to hold up darn well. However, I'm not really sure if insurance would necessarily be cheaper. I'm 18 and had a Chevy Beretta 3.1 with full coverage and a 50/250 deductible (cost me $203 in Colorado). When I bought my 94' formula, full coverage with the same deductible cost me $190. I asked my agent why such a price difference in a car with twice the value and twice the power; he said the f-body was much safer. My dad checked on a 2002 WS6 and found that it too would be cheaper than his Silverado, Lumina and 2003 grand am because it has a higher safety rating. Who would have figured?
                94' Formula, T-56, Moroso CAI

Comment

Working...
                X