X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It pays to pay your bill

Check it out

http://www.ls1.com/
    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

OUCH...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

My wife writes web sites on the side and one of her clients refused to pay their bill after the web site was done. She went into the host and put up a similar message. The Client actually called to complain. She told them when they paid their bill that she would upload the info back to the host. They refused and said they would go to someone else to write it. They were trying to pressure her into negotiating the fee down. She said no. They never called back.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Yeah, that's pretty mild. I have seen much worse. Like posting really nasty message like "These dirtbags don't pay their bills!" and then after 15 seconds routing it to their competitors web site.

96 TA Sold!
        87 TA Sold!
        80 Z28 Sold!
        74 Formula Sold!
        73 Z28 Sold!
        69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

It's back now.
          LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Hey Jeff, a buddy of mine is a web dev and he has told me that he could get his clients to switch their pages over to my webserver. What do you think I should charge them? And would your wife have any sites she needs a web host for?

96 TA Sold!
            87 TA Sold!
            80 Z28 Sold!
            74 Formula Sold!
            73 Z28 Sold!
            69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

Since I have a fiber internet connection at home, I was thinking about setting up a server and hosting sites too. But when I looked into it, They were charging as little as $5 a month for hosting fees. It would take forever to recoup my cost so I said forget it. My wife said she is paying $14.95 a month to have her site hosted. Here is who hosts my wifes. http://www.cedant.com/

I showed this thread to my wife last night. She said she is trying to get away from the web site making. One of her other clients wrote her a bad check and she said she'd just had enough of the crap. Besides, she is doing an online school and doesn't have the time. She has threatened to teach me so I can put links to all of the stuff I have uploaded to her web site just to post stuff on here. LOL
              2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

Fibre to your house huh? That's pretty extreme. I like it.

The main reason I'm thinking about it is b/c I already have a server and my buddy currently has 20 companies being hosted. I figure at $10/month X 20 isn't too bad for very little work.

96 TA Sold!
                87 TA Sold!
                80 Z28 Sold!
                74 Formula Sold!
                73 Z28 Sold!
                69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

Yea my internet connection is way cool. Bellsouth ran fiber through the neighborhood mostly for digital TV but it also will do Internet. It's Called IFITL (pronounced I-fiddle) (Integrated Fiber In The Loop) There is an OMV box that looks like a telephone box on steroids in front of every 3rd telephone pole. It converts the fiber to an Ethernet line and runs the Ethernet into the house. I don't use a modem or anything. The computer plugs right into the Ethernet. I have a router plugged into it now which goes to 5 computers in the house. When I first got it, I plugged the Ethernet line into my computer and it usually connected at 3.5 GPS yes that GIGS per second. I used to have to go to work to download a big file and bring it home. Now it is the other way around and we have a T3 at work.

Comment

Rockin. I didn't realize they were pulling IFITL into residential areas. Now I'm jealous. My little lan would probably explode under the load. He He.

96 TA Sold!
                    87 TA Sold!
                    80 Z28 Sold!
                    74 Formula Sold!
                    73 Z28 Sold!
                    69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

Working...
                    X