? speed sens

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? speed sens

does the speed sensor on my car control shifting or just speedo ?
    have you out run a ford lately

If memory serves me right. The speed sensor gives input back to the ECM and it in turn tells the 4L50E when to shift. I'm assuming this is on your 94 Z and of course that it is an automatic?
    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

yep

yes sir you guest it my car is giving me a no kick down code and it wont shift like it should after driving when you first start the car it has first gear but after that all it has is second and third no od in till you kill the car for a min or so then it shifts fine till you stop then you hve to manualy put it down in gear or it wont down shift it came out of a 95 fire bird with 60.000 miles on it i just dont know what could be wrong

Comment

Scanning the data stream would help. That will narrow down what signals are being sent. It could be something as simple as a bad harness connection. Have you tried to re-seat the connections going to the trans? If I read correctly, the trans will shift fine if everything is manually operated with the shifter?

Comment

some times

yea it will shift like first thing in the morning but after you stop the first time at a red light it has no first gear or over drive and will not down shift on its own . if i stop at red light it does not have first in till i turn the key off and start car again this has me puzzled and even manual shifting it still only has 2nd and 3rd we cleared the code with scaner and it would shift in to over drive but wouldnt do it again in less code cleared. once i stoped or down shifted

Comment

Sounds like elec problem. If you can run it with a scanner on it, watch to see if the PCM is calling for a shift or not, also check your speed sensor and TPS for accuracy. Like Joe said, it may be a bad connection or it could be a PCM issue or a host of other things in the trans like EPC, or shift solenoid etc... The good news is that its probably not an internal problem if it shifts fine manually
            96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
            11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

thanks

yea i will scan it tomarrow again let yall know out come thanks for all the help
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X