Your dogs are beautiful man.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your dogs are beautiful man.

Sorry about your loss. I'm sure if you have young kids it is an opportunity for them to learn something about life/death and mortality. Just out of curiosity where do you live and what are the legalities in keeping wolves and half breed dogs in the US. I've been told that some urban areas they are illegal because they are considered too "wild". Thanx.

(Sorry I meant this to be a reply for Wolfman) pressed wrong icon.
    Mixedpuppy

1998 TA, mostly stock, SLP hood, ram air plastic intake, K&N Filter, Transgo Shift Kit, Kooks Stainless LT headers with Magna Flow Cats, Borla Exhaust (Medium plate setting), Kenny Brown SFCs, BMR Tower Strut Brace, 17" ROH RT Rims, 9.5 BFG KDWs, SLP Airlid, Smooth bore bellow, 85mm MAF. Nitrous to come. Action figure not included.

my "kids" are 26 and 24

wolfdogs are illegall in some counties....not usualy a state thing.... i live in VA. i have been in wolf dog resuce and associated with wolves and wolfdogs for a long time......... so i plan my residence and activities closely around them.

Keona, my new lil lady, is 80% wolf........... she's very socialized though...and no one complains about her.

the Golden Retriever, Reno..is my wifes dog......... he's a hoot!

Nikona's death impacted me greatly... she did a lot in making me appreciate the fine things in life....

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

My Wolf.

This is my pup.

actually I have a Akita and Somoya, I make props for a livin.
      96TA

Comment

Re: My Wolf.

Originally posted by badTAbird
        This is my pup.

actually I have a Akita and Somoya, I make props for a livin.
        we had a 50/50 akita/husky named Ginger..she lived to be 17 yrs old. we just lost her last year. that hurt bad too. wondeful dog.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I know what it feels like to loose a dog, I have a picture of my shepard on my mantle. She was killed by a speeding school bus 11 years ago she was 6 years old ,she never chased vehicles but was with my 3 year old son in the front yard when the bus came by. I think she thought she was protecting him. I live in the woods and back then my road was dirt. Now I have Nikki and Jake and they rule the roost.
          96TA

Comment

Life and death

I'm pretty familiar with it. I'm an Army Nurse Corps Officer (RN) and worked MED/SURG and ONCOLOGY for 2 1/2 years and now ER which I've been doing for almost 3 years. Death really sucks when it is unexpected and untimely. We had a retired Command Sergeant Major (E-9+) who came in with full cardiac arrest and later died despite resusitative efforts. His wife worked in the hospital and was pretty devestated. Even though you see it once in a while the feelings for me remain the same. Your pretty speechless and you reflect a little more on your mortality and what you have or had in life. Oncology nursing made me think a little differently. When you're in the end stages of cancer the pain and suffering can be immense. You just hoped their pain would end soon. All I can say is we never know if we'll live 100 years or die tomorrow, enjoy your past, present and prepare to enjoy as much of the future as possible. Life is a temporary assignment.
            Mixedpuppy

1998 TA, mostly stock, SLP hood, ram air plastic intake, K&N Filter, Transgo Shift Kit, Kooks Stainless LT headers with Magna Flow Cats, Borla Exhaust (Medium plate setting), Kenny Brown SFCs, BMR Tower Strut Brace, 17" ROH RT Rims, 9.5 BFG KDWs, SLP Airlid, Smooth bore bellow, 85mm MAF. Nitrous to come. Action figure not included.

Comment

Working...
            X