"bouncing" at low RPM's with a M6?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "bouncing" at low RPM's with a M6?

Just wondering if this is normal.. In low RPM's (~2000 and under) in like first to third, if I just give it a little gas, or just normal for slow accelleration, the car feels like it's kind bouncing back and forth a bit. Is that because of the low gearing/low RPM combo? Or should it not be happening?

Thanks
    99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

happens to me too--bouncing...like its about to stall?? i think its normal.

Comment

My Mustang GT did it too. I think it is normal. They just don't like going slow. Same thing as the "CAGS" on the 6 spd cars. It just makes you go faster. LOL
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

If you look at a clutch disk, you will see it has a circle of springs in it to absorb some shock from the drive line. With a manual transmission, that is the only room for "give" in the driveline. There is no fluid coupling to make everything smooth, like in an automatic.

Under some low rpm, light load driving conditions you will be able to feel the driveline hit these springs and bounce around a bit. As you practice more, and master the stick you will learn ways to avoid doing it. This will happen in any car equipped with a stick, under the right conditions. There is nothing wrong with your car.

When it happens to me I will either give it a little clutch, and coast a bit or accelerate out.

Comment

Working...
        X