Anyone performed an ABS delete?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone performed an ABS delete?

I am in the process of (once again) tearing the car apart for more modifications (bigger cam, reverse pattern valvebody, 98-02 front end conversion, more weight reduction). One other thing I am specifically doing is swapping the Moser posi for a Moser spool, so obviously I am canning the ABS system. Has anyone performed an ABS delete, and if so can they give me a few "do's and dont's". Thanks!

This is the hood I am putting on:

http://www.vfnfiberglass.com

All I did was unplug the ABS sensors at the rear wheels...of course you get an ABS error light, but I've learned to live with it, until I pull that bulb from the dash.

KnightFire
    1993 Formula Firebird
    Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

I am going to actually remove the entire ABS system (ABS unit, ABS controller, speed sensors, etc.) to remove weight and clean up the engine bay.

Comment

Cool...let us know how it goes!

KnightFire
        1993 Formula Firebird
        Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

Don't forget to install a proportioning valve! I do not recall seeing one on my car. Does the ABS module serve this purpose?

Comment

From what I've read it does. Supposedly I am going to need a ABS "delete block" which they make with a built in adjustable proportioning valve and a line-lock. How cool is that? I've just heard they are hard to come by.

Comment

From what I've read it does. Supposedly I am going to need a ABS "delete block" which they make with a built in adjustable proportioning valve and a line-lock. How cool is that? I've just heard they are hard to come by.

Comment

Working...
              X