anyone know about firebird head lights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone know about firebird head lights

my head lights on my 94 firebird formula make a humming noise even after the lights are up and when i put them down my roomate told me the motor is bad but i would like a second opinion cause a new motor is a little pricey if it is bad does any one have an extra one lying around they want to sell for a good price

that does sound like the motor is going bad , what usally happens is that the gear inside wears out, myn went out not to long ago and i went and bought a new one for $250.00,
    but you can by just the gear for about $70 bucks. the gear is made of some sort of metal ( cant remember) but with that one it wont happen again. someone will eventually give you the site where yuo can get it .
    Miss My Bird

Comment

could be a stripped gear......

http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/headl...x.htm#Ordering

Comment

Yup sounds like the gear. This happened on my old 95 Formula. Follow the link from Joe1320, get the brass gears and fix both of them. If one is going out the other one will strip out soon too. It will be bulletproof once you're done just make sure and clean it and use plenty of epoxy. Worked like a charm on my Formula....too bad it was wrecked a week after the install. Blazer got a good deal on my gears out of it though .......Later

96 Z28 A4, K&N CAI, 3.42 gears, Exhaust Cut Out. Best ET 14.02 -R.I.P. 95 Formula-

Comment

thanx

thanx for all the info it says on the sight i might just be able to turn the gear and use the other half. alos there is a brass one i can buy i really appreciate all of the info. does any one know where to get a use dash board cover that is not cracked

Comment

Junk Yard.

96 TA Sold!
            87 TA Sold!
            80 Z28 Sold!
            74 Formula Sold!
            73 Z28 Sold!
            69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

Re: thanx

Originally posted by bluefirebird94
              thanx for all the info it says on the sight i might just be able to turn the gear and use the other half. alos there is a brass one i can buy i really appreciate all of the info.
              I would go ahead and get the brass gears. I did the free fix and it only worked for a month or so and then it stripped that side too. Unless you're really broke and want a temp fix do the brass gears. You'll only have to do them once. By the time I broke down and bought the brass gears I had taken the motors in and out about 6 times or so. Now I can replace both motors in like 15 minutes LOL. Good luck......Later

96 Z28 A4, K&N CAI, 3.42 gears, Exhaust Cut Out. Best ET 14.02 -R.I.P. 95 Formula-

Comment

Working...
              X