what to call this board?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to call this board?

The Camaro may come back as some say, and it will lilely no longer have a firebird sister, and its platform will not be called the f-body.

What will the platform be? Rumor says the sister car will be a Buick, not a pontiac.

What will become of this forum? will the name change to the new platform? Would it not make sense to call the new platform the new F body? Or, does the new body already exist and have a different name?

hmmm...??? Good one...I guess there will only be one real F-body "generation". When the Camaro does come out...I sincerely believe that GM will goof up. No hardcore loyalist will accept it IMO. I wouldn't...at least not accept it as what I grown to know it as.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by LimTeng99TransAm
      hmmm...??? Good one...I guess there will only be one real F-body "generation". When the Camaro does come out...I sincerely believe that GM will goof up. No hardcore loyalist will accept it IMO. I wouldn't...at least not accept it as what I grown to know it as.
      It will be accepted as long as the top model is V8 RWD... they lose that, and they lose everything that is the Camaro.
      Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by LimTeng99TransAm
        So negative! Already made a decision??

Even if you don't like it, there will certainly be plenty of options just between GM and Ford!

5th Gen WILL have a V8 and be RWD.

Look for a really cool Chevy commercial to debut on New Year's Eve. "An American Revolution"

http://www.wieck.com/public/*2PV_062752

http://www.wieck.com/public/*2PV_062751

http://www.wieck.com/public/*2PV_062762

http://www.wieck.com/public/*2PV_062763 <----My Favorite

http://www.wieck.com/public/*2PV_062761

http://www.wieck.com/public/*2PV_062772
        Joe K.
        '11 BMW 328i
        '10 Matrix S AWD
        Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
          It will be accepted as long as the top model is V8 RWD... they lose that, and they lose everything that is the Camaro.
          V8, rear wheel drive and sit your as* on the floor

If the seats do not place your butt right on the floor with your feet strait out it just won't feel right.

These 4 things define the f-body:

1 As* on the floor
          2 V8
          3 RWD
          4 Two doors

If it says Camaro on it, and accomplishes this it will be accepted.

If it is a GTO style upward sitting 4 door, it will suck, IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Joe K. 96 Zeee!!
            So negative! Already made a decision??

Even if you don't like it, there will certainly be plenty of options just between GM and Ford!
            If and when the Camaro comes out and it's not what I expect from a Camaro, I wouldn't accept it. I might like it as an overall car...but I probably think they should've called somein else. Example: Monte Carlo and Impala...you see the new Impala SS??? That's a joke IMO...front drive V6? Never! I just hope they don't do the same with the Camaro..that's all

Even if it's not what I wanted in a Camaro...I'd drive a bow-tie over a blue oval anyday. Not picking at Ford...it's just me.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
            Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
            B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
            Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
            Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

I'm not saying it'll be a hit or that even I or anyone in particular will love the car when it comes out....I just find it odd that an opinion is already formed before we really know much of anything. Of course, I can see where that comes from given what we see at this moment.

The platform will be sigma based with less aluminum content to keep costs down. It is being developed by Holden who has extensive experience with high performance RWD cars. Power will come from a Gen IV small block (think 6.0L). It will have an IRS. In all truth, I have no doubt that it will perform better than our cars in all respects.

In any case, the people working on it now fully understand that it must stand up to what a Camaro has been known to be and correct the issues that our cars have....you know there's a lot of room for improvement.

Just wait and see, you may be surprised....if not, there are many other exciting cars on the horizon! Chevy will add 10 new cars to their lineup in the next 20 months!!! Even more across the whole GM line!!!!
              Joe K.
              '11 BMW 328i
              '10 Matrix S AWD
              Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

I get the feeling Joe K knows more than he is letting on to.

Shoot me a PM.

Comment

Nah....no need to PM. I've been reading...A LOT! There are boards where bits and pieces of info get put together. People have connections. I've been following this since around 98....there's a lot going on behind the scenes.

Spend some time on the 5th gen forum at Camaroz28.com. cheersandgears.com is also a good place as is gminsidenews.com

It traditionaly takes about 4 years for a car to go from concept to reality. Bob Lutz and others who are bringing new direction to the lineup only came on in 2000 or so. So for now what you see is what the old guard had in the pipeline. The new stuff is just beginning to see the light of day. (i.e. CTS-V, G6, Solstice, etc.) We'll see over the next few years......It's going to be exciting...

Consider a 55k Z06 with 500HP. 3 valve pushrod smallblocks with great gas milage that can take 7,000 RPM. I believe that was Gary Cowger that said that publicly. Ecotecs that can put out 240HP....
                  Joe K.
                  '11 BMW 328i
                  '10 Matrix S AWD

Comment

Ugh the Aveo is a freakin Daewoo(Korean not American) and the SSR is an overpriced, overweight, underperforming joke. I hope those two vehicles don't represent the way GM is heading. I think the only thing GM has going for it anymore is the Vette and a few trucks. No reasonably priced performance cars, unless you consider $45,000 or more reasonable Thank God for used cars cause the future looks dim.

96 Z28 A4, K&N CAI, 3.42 gears, Exhaust Cut Out. Best ET 14.02 -R.I.P. 95 Formula-

Comment

my vote would be to leave it f-body becuase the camaro and firebird have been this for soooooo long. new platform - always a chance to add a subsection to teh board or add a new baord for teh new platform.
                      2000 Z-28 Convertible, neutral leather interior and neutral top, hotchkis STB, SLP Bowtie Grill, WhisperLid, K&N, cold air induction

Comment

Sorry, sorta got off topic above...

I say leave it too.

One thing I've liked about this board is that you can see all the messages in one place. A lot of other boards have too many specialized forums. There's just not enough traffic here to support that.
                        Joe K.
                        '11 BMW 328i
                        '10 Matrix S AWD

Comment

Working...
                        X