Painting Interior Pieces

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting Interior Pieces

I've only had my WS6 for 2 weeks now and I'm ready to start customizing. I've noticed its not as easy as the Camaro was to take the interior apart. I've removed the ceneter piece by the radio, the large piece around the steering column, and the window/lock controls on the door. I'm those pieces red. I wanted to get the vents out and shoot the front of them and not the vents themselfs(well I'm thinking about it). I'd hate to make my WS6 look ricey but I need something different in the interior. I did this to my Camaro in silver(attachment) and it looked really good.

My questions is does anyone know how to get the circular vents out of the dash with out breaking them? I've run into some difficulty. Also if anyone has pics of any interior customizing they've i'd love to see pics if you have them.
    Attached Files
    -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
    98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
    98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
    94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

I splashed the same parts as you flat black...no pics though, but it looks good...no gloss. I didn't paint my vents though...I think the paint would act as glue and render the movement of the vents useless...I mean adjusting the direction of air flow.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by LimTeng99TransAm
      I splashed the same parts as you flat black...no pics though, but it looks good...no gloss. I didn't paint my vents though...I think the paint would act as glue and render the movement of the vents useless...I mean adjusting the direction of air flow.
      I think black would look better. Red is really ricey. There are certain things that just should not be done to v8 f-bods. Like, underbody lights, clear taillights, huge spoilers, stickers etc...

I'd stick with tasteful mods. Black trim, white guages, custom 2-tone leather in a silver/black, Embroydered floormats, 17" rims, Firestone Firehawks, Borla exhaust, ramair, gears..... Keep it low key. If someone looks at a mod on my car and asks me if it came that way from the factory I know I did a good job.

I've seen cars belonging to kids that look like a joke. It's like they went to the local Checker Auto store and put on the cheap steering wheel cover, "sport" seatcovers, shorty antenna, fake racing pedals, carbon fiber stick shift ball... Neon light in the car and under it ... I think all that crap just looks dumb. Older more mature folks have no respect for that, and actualy laugh at it.

And.. for the above reasons it is harder to sell a car that is all jacked around.

Comment

one thing that is really great about having cars is to make them your own. I personally wouldn't do my internior in red (though my car is bright red-obviously) but if you like it that way--go for it!
        2000 Z-28 Convertible, neutral leather interior and neutral top, hotchkis STB, SLP Bowtie Grill, WhisperLid, K&N, cold air induction

Comment

Yea to each their own. I love the black and red mix. I saw a New T-Bird with Black/red leather package and the interior has red pieces too and I think that looks sharp. I wont make my TA ricey. This will be the most borderline rice-mod i do. So far the pieces are commin along good...gotta re-shoot a couple of them...pics to follow.
          -Rico

98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD

Comment

If you tied in the red dash trim with some custom leather two-tone seats in red and black, that would look sweet. I just think it would look dumb if the only red in the interior was a few pieces you spray painted cheaply, with no continuity, or theme following it through the rest of the interior.

To each his own, that is true!

Comment

One of the sites that is advertised up top on this site has some realy nice looking interior stuff .... they have some things thatlook realy nice santa is brigin me some of it for xmas
              -Nick-
              95 A4 Z28

Comment

http://www.mbaproducts.com/ << thats the one
                -Nick-
                95 A4 Z28

Comment

I say, do what you want to your car. Its up to your imagination what you want to do. I caught a lot of flack for my previous 96 WS6, but it was what I wanted and I didnt give a poop what anyone else thought. Heres some pics.

1998 Trans Am. Hooker LT's, Hooker ORY, MTI Ported Throttle Body, K&N FIPK, Magnaflow Catback, Front and Rear 1LE Sway Bars, Hotchkis STB, and a little more.

Comment

I have a Firebird Formula with factory red leather.
                    Here is a pic below.
                    LT4KM, 160' TS, MAF ends, TB-bs, 1.6 R/R, SLP CAI, LCA, tierod, 17x9"F/R, 275/40R17 tires. WS6 Muffler, LS1 DS. 21mm rear sway bar. Soon to be LT4 heads, intake, & HOT cam

Comment

I agree with the red/black leather. Its on my list. Ryan98MechamT/A your TA is sweet. I was thinking about painting the speaker grills but I was afriad of it peeling if they flexed when I put them back on. Did you paint those yourself or order them from somewhere.

Also When getting the red/black seats how do you do the door panel in red leather too? If I replace my seats will I lose the powerseats? If anyone has any links that would be sweet.

Thanks for your input everyone! The pieces turned out really good. Once they are dry and I put them in my car I'll provide some pics. I just did my calipers too and they look great!
                      -Rico

Comment

CAME OUT GREAT! Someone asked me if it came that way...and all I could think of was what tabahr said!

-Rico

Comment

red leather seats would tie it together now. CST (Classic Soft Trim) makes leather interiors for OEM's.. The interior in my Z is from CST. Check them out, OEM quality, but you pay for it. I'd guess about a grand for the front and rear. With that red dash trim, it would really set it off, though.

The covers on your existing seats are easily removed, and new ones installed. You can even get the headrests custom embroidered.

http://www.classicsofttrim.com/special.html

Comment

I totally agree. Its on my list. Thanks for the link I've was wondering where to get it!
                            -Rico

Comment

Has anyone painted the dash???

Has anyone used dash paint... I've seen some car domain pictures where they've done some good two-tone interiors and I was wondering if anyone else has done it. What they've used and stuff.

The thing I want is black interior for my WS6 with red accent...but its that gay charcoal color. Anyone know where I can get black pieces or should i just paint....

here is a car that I really liked the way it looked....(some of you probably wont agree)
                              http://www.cardomain.com/id/firebird1998 (darn fake ws6 v6...)

-Rico

Comment

Working...
                              X