Too much salt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too much salt

It's cold as hell here in Chitown. I've noticed A LOT of salt on the roads lately, good thing I stored my car in the garage for the winter. Actually, I just got home and decided to start her up, been 4 weeks since I've started her. In fact, I can hear her rumblin' outside as I type this.

I wanted to give her a good wash but didn't have enough time before I stored her for the season. Oh well, 2 more months of hell and she'll be ok.
    Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

once they put dirt down, or salt..i never drove ours.....since 97. right now..they are both covered in the garage.... to be sold or driven come spring.......

smart move.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Mine hasn't been driven in a couple weeks now either. Sucks, doesn't it.

Comment

i wish i could put mine away for the winter .....
        -Nick-
        95 A4 Z28

Comment

Nice ride.. Wonder what it is, a Trans Am I'm guessing?
          99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

Comment

I Pity The Fool That Can't Drive his F-Body Year Round!!!!

96 TA Sold!
            87 TA Sold!
            80 Z28 Sold!
            74 Formula Sold!
            73 Z28 Sold!
            69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffM
              Nice ride.. Wonder what it is, a Trans Am I'm guessing?
              Maybe he has a bad memory and needs a gigantic sticker to remind him what kind of car he has

It is good advertising for Pontiac, though. I wonder if Pontiac pays him to put that sticker there? I used to have a SLP sticker at the top of my windshield, but they were paying me to put it there as I was representing them on the Hot Rod powertour.

I'm just giving him crap, I think it looks just fine!! My uncle has a Ferrari with a huge Konig sticker across the top of the windshield, and he is not sponsored.

Comment

I have mine in storage since the middle of Sept. since I was working out of town for a couple of month. Now being back home I would like to drive it but the roads are covered with salt.

Hey DJ Taso I like the white inlays. I was thinking of going with red ones but white looks pretty cool too.
                97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

i bought my latest Z-28 in early september, drove it home and parked it in the garage imediately, and it asnt seen sunlight since. but........ it is getting a rather sick make over and a lot of suspension tweaks too. so i wont mind the wait.
                  2000 WS6 T/A M6. Monster stage 3 clutch, flowmaster cat back, 4.10's, SLP lid, Hurst shifter.
                  1996 Mustang GT 5 speed STOCK DD
                  past rides:
                  1996 Mustang GTS bright tangerine orange
                  2003 Mach 1 azure blue drag car (10.90@118 record holder for fastest N/A mach)
                  1969 Mach 1 house of colors candy apple red393 stroker 100 shot (10.829@125 in street trim)
                  2003 Mach 1 Torched red FRPP aluminator/vortech 666RWHP
                  2008 Mustang GT JDM stroker long block, Saleen 2.3 twin screw
                  1980 Mustang L 13.7: 418 stroker
                  1994 Z28 A4 rebuilt from wreck
                  1994 Z28 A4 totaled

Comment

Originally posted by Black97
                    Hey DJ Taso I like the white inlays. I was thinking of going with red ones but white looks pretty cool too.
                    If I had a black car, I'd go with brushed stainless, but the white does look great too. It matches the trans am logo and screaming chicken.

Comment

Thanks, Black! I've seen a lot of black T/A's with red, gold, yellow & blue inlays but I've always liked white the best, it sticks out more. Go for white you wont regret it!

I just ordered smoked front turn signals yesterday. The cops are gonna have a field day with me come spring
                      Hercules

Comment

Originally posted by tabahr
                        If I had a black car, I'd go with brushed stainless, but the white does look great too. It matches the trans am logo and screaming chicken.
                        My logo and bird are red. That's why I was thinking going with red. Or is there a way to remove the logo on the back between the tail lights and but a different color on?
                        97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
                          I just ordered smoked front turn signals yesterday. The cops are gonna have a field day with me come spring
                          Where did you get those turn signals? By the way did you get a set of 98+ taillights? Thought I saw your name as a bidder on Ebay a while ago.

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

My logo and bird are red. That's why I was thinking going with red. Or is there a way to remove the logo on the back between the tail lights and but a different color on?
                            I think red is stock on all f-bodys. I got my inlays from Autografics.com I have the link for the smoked front turn signals on my computer at work I'll post it first thing tomorrow morning when I get it.
                            Hercules

Comment

Working...
                            X