Ebay Problem Need Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay Problem Need Help

Tell me what you guys think I should do with this.

4 weeks ago I won an auction for a set of wheels. After 4 days of emails, the owner apologizes for not contacting me but his mother is in the hospital and he has to go out of town to be with her. After about another week I email him and ask if he has had a chance to find out how much shipping is going to cost so I can send him a check. He emails me back quickly and says he isn't sure he will have time to get the quote but he'll try. I haven't heard from him in 2 weeks.

What should I do? I don't mean to be an insensitive jerk but how long am I supposed to wait? I haven't paid him anything but I do need to get some wheels soon as my current tires are almost worn out. I also don't really think he is lying, for what that's worth.

96 TA Sold!
    87 TA Sold!
    80 Z28 Sold!
    74 Formula Sold!
    73 Z28 Sold!
    69 Camaro Not Sold!

Ebay has a help section

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

Be glad you haven't gotten this kind of response AFTER sending payment. It appears to me you are dealing with someone who is not going to be reliable. Keep your money and run away from this kid. There are other auctions, other dealers, etc. I've seen this so many times that IMHO, you are headed for trouble if you deal with the kid. Leave a negative feedback on e-bay and move on.... very quickly.

Comment

Well, the thing that burns me is that I got a kick a$$ deal on the rims.

And the other concern is that I only have 2 ratings and I don't want my rating to turn into dog doo for this auction when it wasn't my fault.

96 TA Sold!
        87 TA Sold!
        80 Z28 Sold!
        74 Formula Sold!
        73 Z28 Sold!
        69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

you need to go through ebays proper procedures for reporting teh guy. They ahve a well defiend process *see hlp like another member mentioend) and report him. I doubt he will give youa negative rating, but as above just be glad teh payment hasn''t been sent already.
          2000 Z-28 Convertible, neutral leather interior and neutral top, hotchkis STB, SLP Bowtie Grill, WhisperLid, K&N, cold air induction

Comment

Sometimes if a deal is too good to be true it usually is.
            97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Check the guys feedback, and email all the people in his profile. Ask them directly how their dealings with this guy were, and see if this is a continuous problem. If this is the first time it's happened, or if he has a lot of feedback and it's happened very rarely, then ride it out. Ask him to sign up for paypal, or use some other form of payment so that you can have an out if necessary. I would not contact ebay until all forms of direct contact have been extinguished, because I have been through that, and those guys have lawyers on your butt in a hot minute.

I sold a wing for a Miata on ebay once. I posted two pictures, gave a direct link to the manufacturers site with the part number listed, I did everything right. I sold the wing, got my money order, shipped it out. About a week later, I got called off to a job in Chicago (no internet access for a month). When I got home, I had like 10 emails from the guy and two from ebay and a lawyer. This guy claimed that I sold him a part that doesn't fit. So I sent an email to him, the lawyer, and ebay with a full description of the event. The guy fessed up that he made up the story about it not fitting, he actually just didn't like it. I made him send it to Ebay and the lawyer as well. I sent him a full refund including shipping and he sent me back the wing. Problem solved.

Your situation is a little different. You've won the auction, but no money or product has exchanged hands. Ebay doesn't really have a whole lot they can do, except you leave negative feedback and possibly get him kicked off of ebay for not going through with the deal. But if he's telling the truth, then you're gonna feel really bad.

If he won't take paypal or another source of payment, tell him you want him to send the rims COD. This is gonna cost both of you a little more money, but you will have them in your hand before you pay, and he knows he will get his money or else UPS will have to foot the bill. I've done this before, and you will get your wheels, and he will get his money. Let him know this is the only way you will do it at this point, and if not then you want alternative payment options or the deal is off and you will contact Ebay.
              "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Working...
              X