I've got ebay problems too

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've got ebay problems too

I just read Mirroredshades' thread about ebay and instead of highjacking his post, I figure I'll start another.

Ebay sucks. I just got hosed by some guy who sold me an air fuel ratio guage. I emailed the guy many times while I was for delivery and I still waited almost 4 weeks after I paid to get "a" guage. He sent me a boost guage. I have no use for a boost guage, so I emailed him to say what the *&^!!? He said he got my package mixed up with someone elses. To make a long story short, he basically said kiss off. I left him negative feedback and he replied to my feedback with blatent lies. He said he sent me a refund and I still kept the boost guage.

I complained to ebay and paypal, but they do nothing. Paypal told me that its been over 30 days since the transaction, so I cant get a refund.

My next step is to put a stop payment on the credit card and then maybe paypal will do something about it.

Can anyone think of anything else to do? Will mail fraud charges hold up?

(By the way....The guys name is Rudy Noriega and his username is black_ack. Do not buy from him.)
    96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
    11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Yes, you can dispute the credit card charges, sometimes you still lose. The only way you can press the mail fraud route is if the mail was used to glean funds illegally. Just because he shipped via the post office doesn't constitute mail fraud. BTW, what kind of boost gauge did he send you? vacuum/boost?

Comment

Square Trade is the mediation used for ebay claims.

I would look there.

Ryan
      1998 Trans Am. Hooker LT's, Hooker ORY, MTI Ported Throttle Body, K&N FIPK, Magnaflow Catback, Front and Rear 1LE Sway Bars, Hotchkis STB, and a little more.

Comment

Joe, its an autometer vac/boost guage. I may even wind up using it for my Omni. Its actually a nice guage, and worth more than the Air/fuel I bought. I know I could sell it and get my money out, but I am kind of stuck on the principle of the issue. Its a very long story, but this guy is probably one of the biggest a$$es I have ever run into. If he didnt live on the other side of the country, I would be at his front door FEEDING him the guage. But, the next best thing is to make him take back the guage.

As for the square trade thing - they want 20 bucks for a mediator. Thats the same price I paid for the guage!
        96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle

Comment

Actually, you did get a deal. But it is the principle of the thing.....

Comment

Your right. its probably dumb to fight about it, but I think my wife got me a boost guage for Christmas though, so maybe I'll sell the autometer.

Comment

In your situation I would just re-sell the gauge you got. Some people never receive their items. I've been pretty fortunate with people through Ebay. Heck, I just bought a 68 Camaro from halfway across the country and I'm thrilled with the car.
              69 Z28 with JL8 factory 4 wheel disc brakes, crossram, transistor ignition, radio delete, heater delete - being restored
              70 SS 396 L78 documented, #'s matching
              2000 SS Camaro daily beater

Comment

Working...
              X