NFB: Winter Hoopty

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB: Winter Hoopty

I am looking for a hoopty to drive for the winter. Are all Subarus 4x4? What kind of gas milage?

What do you think about this?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...or=&cardist=18

96 TA Sold!
    87 TA Sold!
    80 Z28 Sold!
    74 Formula Sold!
    73 Z28 Sold!
    69 Camaro Not Sold!

I Pity The Fool That Can't Drive his F-Body Year Round!!!!
    Why do you need a winter beater?
    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

yes, all subaru's are all wheel drive.

Comment

I pity them too. That funny.

If I were looking for a winter beater I would get a truck or a SUV. I just question the dependability of a 150k mile Subaru. Parts will probably be $$$. American 4X4s are pretty easy to find parts for and much cheaper.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

That's excellent recall there Black97. Well, I just sold my K5 and I guess I'm Jonesing for a 4 wheel drive. I have a 4X4 pickup but the only time I drive it is in the snow. I'm thinking about selling it too. If I don't buy or sell a car at least every couple of months, I start shaking. Have trouble focusing.

96 TA Sold!
          87 TA Sold!
          80 Z28 Sold!
          74 Formula Sold!
          73 Z28 Sold!
          69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

An F-body friend of mine and I were going to get 95 Eclipses with vantity plates that say "WNTR BEATR" or something close to that...
            A joke to pi$$ the ricers off...we have sick humor...I want the largest wing possible on mine though...the stupider looking the better! hahaha

EDIT: maybe a Type R and VTEC sticker on teh back...the more things that conflict the better...a "Spyder" emblem even though its a hard top...heh
            -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
            98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
            98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
            94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

Comment

Working...
            X